Mosquito Comes To Va. Beach

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
A WW-II Mosquito, recently restored in New Zealand, will call The Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, Va. it's new home. Jerry Yagen, owner of the museum acquired the "mossie" from a farmer in Western Canada who had been using it for storage, for over 40 years. It was shipped to New Zealand for restoration, which took over eight years. It's now in Va. Beach, and is the only flying Mosquito in the world.

This from the Norfolk Virginia Pilot.

Charles

Good to hear it's arrived. It looked great in the pics and videos Grant posted, and is sure to be a big 'hit' in the skies of VA.

Yeah, it survived the transportation OK. Apparently it was in a special 60 ft container!

892673_558289574204480_366272757_o resized.jpg

Enjoy the shows it appears at, guys. Take it from me; it was real exciting stuff seeing KA114 flying, mind you, we have a terrific pilot in Keith Skilling; his displays are jaw dropping.

MosquitoDay245sm_zps524591d7.jpg

MosquitoDay078sm_zps451d9837.jpg

Last edited:
I really miss the sight and sound of the BAe 'Mossie' in British skies, especially when George Aird used to fly her on a really low pass of the field, then do a climbing turn to miss the single-storey club house building!

I enjoyed reading some of the articles covering the restoration over the years. Nice to know it is now going to be enjoyed by millions.

Enjoy the shows it appears at, guys. Take it from me; it was real exciting stuff seeing KA114 flying, mind you, we have a terrific pilot in Keith Skilling; his displays are jaw dropping.
Dave Phillips (The pilot on the far left of the photo, and one of the mosquito test pilots) doesn't do too bad a display either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back