Most Beautiful Aircraft of WW2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
I have to admit to liking the looks of some aircraft because of their unique appearance, but I don't know if that qualifies them as being "attractive". Along those lines though I kind of like the French SNCASE SE 100, and the German Me 262. (In fact the Me 262, with its "shark"-like appearance is probably the only German plane of that era that I kind of like the looks of).

For the Italians, I think pretty all of their late era "5-series" single engine fighters were good looking. For the UK, although I don't think most of their planes were too bad looking nothing too much stands out for me as really good looking, except maybe the Whirlwind.

For the Soviets, I don't know much about thier aircraft, and as such nothing sticks out to me. For the Japanese I really like the looks of the J2M Raiden. And finally for the US, while I like the B-17 as a big bomber, and the B-25 and A-20 for smaller muti-engine aircraft, I tend to really like the looks of alot of the stubby radial single engine aircraft like the P-47, Hell Cat, Avenger, Hell Diver, and even the Bermuda and Buffalo (plus also the SBD Dauntless).

I suspect that some of my pics are probably colored by the fact that I guess I'm probably more familiar with the US planes than those of other nations though.

Pat

Amiot 340: Looks pretty good in flight.

11080L.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back