Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

loomaluftwaffe said:
the lancaster kicks ass said:
plain simple and exceptionally booring, maybe someone should introduce to its designer the concept of a curve! and i like the air intake on the back, i think it'd look stupid on the vulcan but it works on the 707.........
u said ur tired of curves thats why you like french bomers ;)
Ooooooh, fightin' words. :shock:

Nonskimmer said:
loomaluftwaffe said:
the lancaster kicks ass said:
plain simple and exceptionally booring, maybe someone should introduce to its designer the concept of a curve! and i like the air intake on the back, i think it'd look stupid on the vulcan but it works on the 707.........
u said ur tired of curves thats why you like french bomers ;)
Ooooooh, fightin' words. :shock:
It is true though that is Lanc's sole reason for liking them...

IMHO the most beautiful aircraft ever is Spitfire.I have admit that Mitchell created the plane with feminine "body". Have to mension Dewoitine D.520, MB-5, Mosquito, DH Hornet, G.55, "Yankee Pony", Polish PZL-37 Łoś (Elk) bomber, Hawker Sea Fury and Foce Wulf "Butcher"FW-190.
Modern "Hairdryers" are ugly. I don't like any.

Here are two of my choices.

Attachments

• gh_2a50_23_128.jpg
    gh_2a50_23_128.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 400
  • ryan_stm_785.jpg
    ryan_stm_785.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 423
  • mirage2_730.jpg
    mirage2_730.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 407
  • mirage_984.jpg
    mirage_984.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 405
good lord look at that landing gear...........

and i only get boored of curves sometimes, i could look at the lanc's curves all day, and frequently do.........

Love this topic. Some planes I've thought were great looking. Sorry if they are mostly USA. I don't know too much about other countries.

by category.

WWI

SPAD
Albatros

Biplanes

Boeing P-6E

Pre-War

Hughes H-1

WWII

He100
FW190 (some claim inspired by H-1)
Zero (some claim inspired by H-1)
XP-67

Jets

F-106 Delta Dart
B-58 (without pod) Hustler
A-5A Vigilante
T-38 Talon "White Rocket"

And my favorite from my childhood model making days

F8U Crusader

And, if beauty is carrying one through a tour of duty safely (this is definitely subjective!)

C-141A Starlifter

Yeah, the SE5a was always one of my favorite planes. A functional beauty. To me, It kind of falls in the category of the F-4 phantom and F-15 Eagle, "Don't call me beautiful, let's just go and fight!"

Yep, most WW1 planes are good looking, then things got worse during the interwar years (although fighters generally look good all the time) before getting better during WW2 and generally staying level after that...

Ive heard of the "pullman", what looks like a buss in the middle of triplane wings, and four WWI-style landing gears, it took like around a few prototypes before it could (barely) fly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back