Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For WW2 Its a hard choice between the Spitfire, Hurri, 109 and 262.

Spitfire is probably my choice.

For Post war the F 16 Fighting Falcon. The sleek lines I find really awesome.

I really am not that greater fan on the looks of the Corsair, it just doesnt do it for me. In my opinion the British make the best looking planes, the Italians a close second.

Brits

Hawker Hurricane
Hawker Tempest
Hawker Typhoon
Hawker Sea Fury
De Havillend Mosquito
Supermarine Spitfire
Westland Whirlwhind
Avro Lancaster

Of course as much as I hate the French I believe the Dewoitine d520 was a beatiful plane!

I really am not that greater fan on the looks of the Corsair, it just doesnt do it for me. In my opinion the British make the best looking planes, the Italians a close second.

Brits

Hawker Hurricane
Hawker Tempest
Hawker Typhoon
Hawker Sea Fury
De Havillend Mosquito
Supermarine Spitfire
Westland Whirlwhind
Avro Lancaster

Of course as much as I hate the French I believe the Dewoitine d520 was a beatiful plane!

Why do you hate the French? Did they urinate in your corn flakes or something?

The Spitfire is just right from every angle. It aint only a beautiful aircraft but maybe the most beautiful machine. And it was the best fighter of WW2. A beautiful killing machine. And the Rolls Royce merlin makes the best sound of all. And British too.

I've been pondering this a while now, if i gave an answer I thought, I'd think of something better later?
Lots to choose from, but I think I'll put my money on the Hawker hind/Hart.
Helicopters...I would go straight to the Westland Wessex, i adore it's looks.

Why do you hate the French? Did they urinate in your corn flakes or something?

The Spitfire is just right from every angle. It aint only a beautiful aircraft but maybe the most beautiful machine. And it was the best fighter of WW2. A beautiful killing machine. And the Rolls Royce merlin makes the best sound of all. And British too.

I dont hate hate them, its more a bit of fun abusing the French. I havent got anything against french people personally. I however do think they have been useless in most conflicts, but as Adler said neither time nor place.

And yes the Rolls Royce Merlin adds to the appeal, its the package that makes it great, performance, sound, style, potentcy. The honourable image of the plane as a defender of the British people adds to its appeal as well!!! It has become an icon for defence, struggle, courage, skill and quality.

I think the most gorgeous planes are the B-24 Liberator and the P-47! :lol:
i can't believe no one has favored these.. :shock:

Attachments

• b-24-liberator-2.jpg
    b-24-liberator-2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 197
  • republic-p-47-thunderbolt.jpg
    republic-p-47-thunderbolt.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 204
  • republic-p-47-thunderbolt-2.jpg
    republic-p-47-thunderbolt-2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 201
B-24, Jesus can someone please get the lad a doctor!!!!! I thought we were judging the most beautiful not most horrifically ugly!!!!:D :D

I spose each to his own. I agree with you on the P-47 and the pics you showed revealed its purposeful looks.

Yak 9D

Attachments

• yak-9d_1.jpg
    yak-9d_1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 187

Users who are viewing this thread

Back