Most effective planes of the early war years

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Smokey said:
I don't understand why some find the stereotype of french soldiers running away funny.
Are you saying that if you were in a war you would stand and fight? 99% of soldiers would literally s**t themselves, scream and run away or surrender when there was'nt an officer around to shoot them for desertion.

Oh, and not surpisingly it has been proven that only 1 or 2 % of soldiers shoot to kill in combat, they are too sickened to murder someone.

I really don't believe either of these figures. Firstly, 99% would not do what you say. I have been in situations without officers where no one ran, shit themselves or screamed. It all comes down to proper training and discipline. There is pride and unit cohesion that keep the group together and alive. There were many time in WWII, Korea and Vietnam where the officer was killed and the senior NCO took over. No one ran away.

1 to 2% shoot to kill....bullshit. I can tell you from personal experience that when someone is shooting at you, you aren't thinking about that at all. You have a threat to your life, you are going to eliminate that threat. The best way to do that is ti get a good shot and make damn sure that the guy shooting at you doesn't get another chance.

I will however say that we do need to not bash other people's country's. We do have people here that are from France. I am not a fan of some of the things that the French government has done, but I have worked with ordinary Frenchmen and they were okay.

We all bash each others country though. The French aren't all bad but they have to expect some abuse. Everyone gets abused by others. Canada gets it worse, but they deserve it...eh, NS? :lol:

Awww, I'm only joking...

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

Enjoy. :lol:

Shut up you militaristic shit head, you've just disgraced the human race with that statement. You're just the kind of bozo that people like Joseph Heller were satirising.
Tell your patriotic militaristic guff to the person shit ing himself in the trench next to you and he'll stick his rifle up your arse, raise you over the top, and let someone who is just as shit scared have some target practice.
You are truly scary.

Why, thank you, I do liked to be feared from time to time. Go actually get in a trench and shout off about how scared they all are and the Officers and NCOs will pull you off the line and stick in you in a hospital.

Now, I advise you to get off your Red Commie arse and stick your beret wearing haiku writer fuck wit head into some books and research the militaries of the times.

Being scared is one thing, being scared and running away is another, being scared and staying is yet another.
While I shake the hands of veterans and thank them for all they've done for me, you sit there and be a little pussy faggot and tell them how scared they all were and they would have ran away without their officer...what about the officer, what was keeping him in check? You moron.

Now, I hope you have enough sense to not reply because this was a good thread. Your faggot ways are going to ruin it. Keep your own self righteous head up your own arse and take some Leary treatment "Shut the fuck up!"

I apologise to all others for the disruption and my out-burst.

I don't know if that was directed at you, plan_d or me. I am not about to claim that I wasn't afraid, we all were. The point is that discipline was in play at well. In my four years, I never, ever saw ANYONE run away. It was not fear of being shot by our officers, who by the way, would not do that. We all propped each other up and helped out.

Don't try and get inside the mind of someone who has been on the line getting shot at. You have no idea. Tone down the personal attacks.

Smokey said:

Shut up you militaristic s**t head, you've just disgraced the human race with that statement. You're just the kind of bozo that people like Joseph Heller were satirising.
Tell your patriotic militaristic guff to the person s**t ing himself in the trench next to you and he'll stick his rifle up your arse, raise you over the top, and let someone who is just as s**t scared have some target practice.
You are truly scary.

And what's your background that makes you such an expert on this? :rolleyes:

Well, Flyboy, it all started in the early 20th Century when this man called Marx wrote this book and...

The Spitfire and Bf-109 were both superior creations to the D.520

different, not superior. The Dewoitine had top notch manoeuvrability, handling and armament for its time and was small and thus difficult to hit.

1 to 2% shoot to kill....bullshit

Yeah, I can't believe that either.
But This is getting way off topic and drenched in foul language...
Amen!

Attachments

• hansjoachimmarseille1_194.jpg
    hansjoachimmarseille1_194.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 419
Plan D, u complete moron, its mutual comments like yours on both sides that start wars.
You are a tool of the powerful few, and don't even know it

Jeez, why cant people take a hint :rolleyes:

Smokey, you are causing disruption to the thread, which up till now contained nice discussion...im not even sure why you started it. If you have a problem with something someone has said, tell an Admin, or PM the guy who offended you. Whatever, dont lash it out in the public forums. This is your last warning, otherwise I will dish out yellow cards. I dont want to have to lock out another thread.

Smokey said:
Plan D, u complete moron, its mutual comments like yours on both sides that start wars.
You are a tool of the powerful few, and don't even know it

You know Comrade, you're entitiled to your opinion, but insulting remarks will not get you far here! :mad:

Yes he is. Time to put the lid on it Smokey, as you've been advised to already. Consider youself warned.

I'm not a real fan of the yellow cards. Red is my favourite colour.

Smokey said:
I don't understand why some find the stereotype of french soldiers running away funny.
Are you saying that if you were in a war you would stand and fight? 99% of soldiers would literally s**t themselves, scream and run away or surrender when there was'nt an officer around to shoot them for desertion.

Oh, and not surpisingly it has been proven that only 1 or 2 % of soldiers shoot to kill in combat, they are too sickened to murder someone.

Hey I dont know a single soldier that I served with that screamed and ran away. I was scared just as anyone else but you know what I flew out side of the protective wire of my FOB every day for a whole damn year. I dont call that running. Oh and by the way, everytime I got shot at I shot back to kill. Yes I was scared but you know what it was me or them and I was going home.

And now that that was said I agree we need to get back on topic.

ALERT!!! ALERT!!!! THERE IS MASS BLINDNESS IN THISA THREAD!!!!

THIS IS WHAT Plan D SAID WHEN I POINTED OUT HOW SCARED SOLDIERS ARE. NOTE THAT I DID NOT CALL SOLDIERS DISGUSTING COWARDS. Plan D PRESUMED THAT.

plan_D said:
99% of soldiers would run away? Do you want to provide evidence to back up that statistic?

By that simple statement you have disgraced every single man in history that has fought on a field of battle, that has seen his friends die, that has been injured in a conflict and that has ultimately paid the ultimate price, his life.

All of those men that ran up those beaches, jumped out of those planes, ran across those fields, flew those bombers, sailed in those ships during World War 2 to secure your freedom of speech, you have insulted. You f**k-ing moron!

Who the f**k do you think you are!? Sure they were scared, who wouldn't be!? Those men were ALL scared but bravery isn't being scared, it's BEING scared and getting off your ass and doing the job anyway! You arsehole!

Now, for everyone else with a bit of sense here's an amusing website.

Oh yeah, and Smokey, you're an arsehole.

AND WHAT WAS GOING ON THROUGHOUT HIS DELIGHTFUL POST? HE WAS INSULTING ME!!!!! YES HE INSULTED ME FIRST!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back