Most Overrated aircraft of WWII.....?

The most over-rated aircraft of WW2

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am happily ignorant and know it, that's how I avoid this kind of stuff. It's pretty rare that I show my backside on a forum like this. I know what I don't know, and avoid commenting when it doesn't make sense. I KNOW I don't know much, that's what makes this place wonderful to me, I learn an awful lot by keeping my fingers still, and reading what those who DO know have to say.
OTOH, I grew up on a farm and know the smell of BS pretty well, I can at least recognize fecal aromas and avoid stepping in the middle of it.

Definitely not comic books -- something with big words that Fanboy would not be able to comprehend

Book 1

Book 2

B-17 Book 3
Does anybody else think his name sounds suspiciously familiar?
download.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Far too often there is a disconnect between whatsome one writes and how that person plays on the internet. Here, the writer acted foolishly and earned his banishment. But his B-17 books appear to be quality productions, even if they are self-published. Nick and Paul are highly respected researchers and writers - I'd be shocked if they fully endorsed Gansz's books unless they meant it. Too bad Gansz found it necessary to deprive us all of any of his more worthy contributions.

Cheers,

Dana

Far too often there is a disconnect between whatsome one writes and how that person plays on the internet. Here, the writer acted foolishly and earned his banishment. But his B-17 books appear to be quality productions, even if they are self-published. Nick and Paul are highly respected researchers and writers - I'd be shocked if they fully endorsed Gansz's books unless they meant it. Too bad Gansz found it necessary to deprive us all of any of his more worthy contributions.

Cheers,

Dana
I was just thinking about this, is there any proof that this guy is the author of the books, anyone who has read just the wiki page on the B-17 site would know what he posted was wrong.

Cheers,

Dana
Dana - I agree your point about Nick and Paul but there are interesting outcomes when one searches on David M. Ganz as author on Amazon, there is only one reference to "David Ganz" as a Gaelic translator.

The other 'nagger' is the question re: Boeing copyrights. I can testify to Lengthy and $$ discussions with Boeing (with a friend in Boeing Archives) to get permission AND pay for license for 100 images that were in our collection dating to and originating from North American. Army PRO pics overseas would not be a problem - but factory images would be a huge issue if unpaid for.

Last - no David M. Ganz on Facebook - just wondering?

This is exactly what I thought as well, Dana. His behaviour is a terrible PR exercise for him and his research, however credible. If he is to be taken seriously he needs to sharpen his image up. He can't spit in the faces of his audience and not expect backlash.

I have taken a gander at the gaggle of posts and I think Mr Gansz's goose is cooked, he has fallen fowl of the moderators, I canard'ly think what happens next, hopefully not a cygnet of things to come, we dont want anyone getting a cob on. I will swan off now any more goose, duck, bird references are welcome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back