Music, music, music!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No doubt about that. It would have been great to see him later on but unfortunately we cannot. Going off we have, I would rank Morello above him. As I say hearing Morello play is not enough, you have to see it too to appreciate how good he really is.

And Chris Eacrett is Our Lady Peace's bassist. Greatly under-estimated. Some of the bass lines are awesome that he lays down.

Not moving on, but certainly adding to the mix; singers. Since there's various singing styles there can't really be a best, but I like those that stand out...my favourites are:

Layne Staley, Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, Ed Kowalcyck...that's all I can think of right now...oh yeah, who's the lad from Led Zep...I can't remember his f*ckin' name.

...I see, well...I don't have an excuse so I'll just slip away into the background.

I would say Morello has a better body of work, and his skills are atleast equal to what Hendix and his acid-induced visions brought to the table...

Singers???

Chris Cornell from Soundgarden/Audioslave
Jeff Tate from Queensryche

I dont have to mention any others, because no one else comes close... The range and power of these 2 guys' voices is UNMATCHED in the history of Rock and Roll.......

Period....

End of discussion....

If u dont agree, u arent well enough informed to make a determination...

My band consists of this........

Chris Cornell - Lyrics
Steve Vai - Guitar
Les Claypool - Bass
Neil Peart - Percussion

No need for a rythem guitarist, cause Vai does it all....

Les, frankly there will never be another Jimi H. the guy was so unique and well ahead of his time and even now. Can U imagine if he wouldn't have blown himself wide open with drugs and still crankin what type of tunes we would of been hearing ? the man knew his Marshalls and Strat like no other.....Steve Vai comes close though but in a different way

I agree that Hendrix was unique... How could he not be... He played a right handed guitar upside down, left handed..... Gotta give props for that, and his influence on a generation of future guitarists......

But we are talking about being the best, not being unique... Hendrix was short lived, unfortunatly... His music does live on... But give Rage Against The Machine 30 years and see where thier music is at...

If uve listened to Hendrix live, u will hear many errors and stuff that he had to change in live performances, because he could not recreate them live... That and the fact that he was usually so tripped out on Acid and PCP that he couldnt remember certain parts of specific tunes...

Oh f*ckin' hell, les, couldn't agree more with Chris Cornell bein' unmatched. Morello is better than Hendrix, Erich, if you've heard him play it should be enough - then to see him play will hit it home. He can play what's written down then he'll just be adding little solos in here and there. Not only that but he'll be using every part of the guitar and it sounds f*ckin' awesome. He also has a perfect hold on the effects pedals.

There is a local guy in California that is one monster guitarist called Buckethead. He is pretty amazing. He got the name because his gimmick was wearing a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on his head (Yes, I am serious!). There are a lot of very talented guys out there that are unfortunately unsigned. I worked with a few over the years.

Yeah, I've known a few lads around 16-18 that are amazing on the guitar. They should get signed but being in Doncaster I doubt they will.

My band:

Singer - Chris Cornell
Guitar 1 - Tommy Morello
Guitar 2 - Jerry Cantrell
Bass - Chris Eacrett
Percussion/Backing Singer - Matt Cameron

Cantrell and Morello would be awesome together. Both can be mean mother f*ckers on the guitar and Morello got the squeaky shit goin' too. And Cameron 'cos he's a good backing singer as well as drummer.

Ive listened to Buckethead on many occasion, as he was in a band with Les Claypool....... Excellent guitarist that could be mentioned in our listing....

Hell yea Cornell.........

As far as Morello goes, I think Hendrix played with his soul and was more pure and flowing, but Morello is far more advanced and professional and farrr more skilled.... I rank both of them in the top 15...

With all due respect gentlemen...

while I´ve heard some of the names being mentioned here...there are some others I´ve never heard about; not very familiar with such music.

If any of you are into downloading music I´d recommend one song:

Band: Noise Unit
Song: "Hate you feel" (Album: Strategy of Violence)

Fast, dark, tough industrial music.

Les while I agree that Les Claypool is great, he does not come close to Cliff Burton. Cliff changed the way that Bass is played forever.

My band would consist of this:

Singer - Me
Lead Guitarist - Kirk Hammett
Rythem Guitar - James Hetfiel
Bass - Cliff Burton
Drummer - Niel Purt (Only because Lars Ulrich is an asshole and I didn't want my band to be Metallica)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back