Mustang P 51 K KH-686 found

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bergen

Airman
Aug 14, 2014
My team has just located Mustang P 51 K KH 686, call sign YT-P from RAF 65th squadron that went lost on 7th. of april 1945.

We have recovered several parts, and hope members of this forum will be able to help identifying them.

I allow my self to put the link to the site where we have discussed this wit multiple very helpful members of the forum there.
Helpfull in the search has also been Sara Mosher and Steven Brooking.

I hope you enjoy reading the thread from the start, and are able to help us identify the objects.

Yours
Bergen

F/Lt Watt No. 65. (RAF) sqd. killed in action 7. april 1945. - Off-topic discussion - Gaijin Entertainment Forum

glad you made it over here. i hope someone can ID the part number on that one piece for you...
Unfortunately, not being a member of that forum prevents a visitor from viewing the image links posted in that thread (uploaded images work, but not attached: ID-nbr ?.jpg, cylinderhead.jpg, VHFcontrlunit.jpg, trimtab.jpg, Stainlessteel.jpg, exhaustpipes.jpg, et al)

This one is an exhaust pipe.

This one is half the engine mount (lower part of image) and an exhaust shroud (upper part).

This one is an engine head obviosuly.

102-31073-14 is a doubler for the upper engine cowl. It is right behind the exhaust. That means the assembly it is spotwelded too is the upper cowling.

Post some specific pics and I'll try to help out with more.

Last edited:
the piece at 3:44 looks like the rail for the canopy to slide on....i could be wrong but

Users who are viewing this thread

Back