Mustangmania.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never did post pics of my finished Monogram 'stang. I was waiting for a PSP base to put it on and ended up getting the Eduard one. It's stll in the bag and I haven't come around to finishing the display with other work going on.

Cool DD! Any pics of that machine?

Thanks lads!

Jan - forgot to post the WR-B for you. These are 5 of his seven "Jane's" Only Jane VII survived the war.

Attachments

• 354 WRB(exWRBbar Jane II)_414293_sept1944 [marshall].jpg
    354 WRB(exWRBbar Jane II)_414293_sept1944 [marshall].jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 354 WRBbar_Jane III_Marshall sep1944 [marshall].jpg
    354 WRBbar_Jane III_Marshall sep1944 [marshall].jpg
    97 KB · Views: 155
  • 355fg GpCO_WRBbar JaneVII_Marshall_472953 Oct1945 [marshall .jpg
    355fg GpCO_WRBbar JaneVII_Marshall_472953 Oct1945 [marshall .jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 355fg WRBbar_Jane IV_414799_oct1944 [marshall].jpg
    355fg WRBbar_Jane IV_414799_oct1944 [marshall].jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 355fg WRBbar_JaneVI_Marshall_472253_mar1945 [kinnard].jpg
    355fg WRBbar_JaneVI_Marshall_472253_mar1945 [kinnard].jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 145
Have changed my mind here.... Will still do 'The Lord is my Sheperd', but I think that I'll either do 'The Millie G' (P?) from the 55th FG or 'Just hang'en Around' from the 78th FG....

DSCF0002-82.jpg

DSCF0003-82.jpg

Question is with though, what do I spray first, the silver or the red/olive drab?

It's generally best to apply the 'solid' colours first, to avoid reaction from the metallic particles in the 'silver'. This is true of any metallic coating, enamel. laquer or acrylic, unless the metallic is given a clear, sealing coat before applying a 'solid' colour. Metallics will cover 'solids' without undue reaction, but not, normally, the other way around.

Yesiree old chap!
EDIT: Forgot to add, it is 'Millie G', and I've got some rather nice B&W pics if you need them old chap.
The upper surface is Olive Drab, once presented, by Revell, back in the early 1960's, as bright red!

Last edited:
Hi Jan:

How do you get your instruments on the panel looking so sharp and clear? Did you punch them out individually? Great job so far, by the way. This thread is very instructional

Yesiree old chap!
EDIT: Forgot to add, it is 'Millie G', and I've got some rather nice B&W pics if you need them old chap.
The upper surface is Olive Drab, once presented, by Revell, back in the early 1960's, as bright red!

Would be most appreciated if kind Sire would like to post afore mentioned photographs....

Hi Jan:

How do you get your instruments on the panel looking so sharp and clear? Did you punch them out individually? Great job so far, by the way. This thread is very instructional

:oops: Cheers mate! Well, I didn't do that. I just used the instrument decal from the kit as it was, and then the Micro Sol and Set, works wonders...

One will attempt to get orf his posterior and scan and post the required images as soon as one possibly can old chap, what!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back