Mustangmania.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great start Jan!

Cheers mate!

Nice work Jan! :D

Have you closed the fueslage halves up yet? Minor detail, but the large radiators should be copper, not aluminium!

What!? :shock: Just shows you when you follow the instructions...! :oops: :lol: The halfs are closed yes. :oops:

Lookin tits Jan, I dont know how u get so much work done man.... Is this a Group Build???

Cheers Brother! Just working on them occasionally. It's not a PTO Group Build if that's what you mean mucka. Was going to add the Pacific '51 to that GB, but decided not to, since I'm gonna try the Clad II when time come.... :oops:

It's a Group Build from the Swettish Society of Serious Mult-Build Collections, Hon. Patron, W/Cdr 'Bertie' Bojarp.

...and Hon. Patron, W/Cdr 'Biggles' Fox, DFM, DSO, DFC....

Last edited:
Did a bit on the Mustangs today and managed to make a bit of an *rse of myself....:oops:

DSCF0001-58.jpg

DSCF0002-59.jpg

DSCF0003-54.jpg

DSCF0004-47.jpg

DSCF0006-36.jpg

DSCF0007-36.jpg

DSCF0008-30.jpg

Can't really make it out
is it deep, or will it buff out?

Good to see them back on the bench

Jan since I got in a groove with some of the 356th fg pilots about 5 years ago, did you know that Whitmore shot down a Me 262 with his crate on February 21, 1945. The jet decided to do a jump on a P-38 recon with Whitmore and his wingman following slightly above and behind but the jet got the jump and shot down the Lightning but hung around too long and Whitmore shot his ass up.

the 262 was from 2./KG (J) 51

Here you go Wayne, my Mustang decals,

55 FG,
CL*I
CY*T "Cape Cod Express"
CL*M "KATYDID"
CY*D "Miss Velma"
CL*Z "Mick #5"
CY*G "Miss Milly G"

78 FG,
WZ*S "Sherman was Right!"
WZ*G "Just Hang'en Around"

356 FG,
PI*B "Margie Darling"
OC*E "STARDUSTER"
PI*J "Lullaby for a Dream"
PI*D "Lady Doris"
QI*G "The Lord is my Sheperd"
PI*E "The Virginia Esquire"

354 FG,
FT*T "Swede's Steed"
FT*P "Shellelagh"
GQ*I "LIVE BAIT"
GQ*U "Grim Reaper"

506 FG,
540 "KWITCHERBITCHIN"
531 "NIP NOCKER"

353 FG,
SX*I "Dallas Doll"
YJ*L "Willit Run?"
SX*B "Double Trouble"

357 FG, B6*Y "GLAMOROUS GLEN III"
357 FG B^*F "An winged ace of clubs" *
354 FG, AJ*X "The Prodigal Son"
359 FG, CS*L "Daddy's Girl"
356 FG, OC*A "BOBBY SOCKS"
364 FG, "Constance" *
354FG, AJ*A "Ding Hao!"
4 FG, QP*O " Red Dog XII"
4 FG, VF*T "Shangri-La"
357 FG, B6*S "Old Crow" (D)
339 FG, 6N*C "Pauline"

357 FG,
C5*T "Hurry Home Honey"
C5*T "HURRY HOME HONEY"
G4*B "LITTLE SWEETIE"
B6*L "Junior Miss II"
C5*Q "BOBBY JEANNE/AH FUNG-GOO"
G4*X "TOOLIN' FOOL'S REVENGE"
G4*V "Master Mike"
G4*K "Muddy"
G4*H "Missouri Armada"
B6*S "Old Crow" (B D)
B6*B "LITTLE JOE"
C5*N Frenesi"
C5*D "PRINCESS PAT"
G4*K "RUBBER CHECK"
C5*J "LITTLE DUCKFOOT"

...and "FICKLE FANNY", "Miss Miami", "Lou IV" and "Petie 2nd"

* Got two of these...

Jan we do not know for certain again in 1945 LW records were not thebest due to movements of airfields, and the group historian/admin of the Gruppe probably could not care less. think there is a strong possibility that part of the KG 51 diary is buried in Russian held territory, which in the last 4 months of the war was quite common, literally buried away from the grass or tarmacs in the middle of ? never to be seen again. we only have the possibility of breezing through logbuchs of surviving pilots indeed if they were even allowed to keep these at surrender - usually not.

you need help on the 356th fg crates let me know. will tell you I know Barnhart that flew Margi D. which was his gorgeous wife. His wife still is a cutie. I have a half-dozen signed pics from him and his missions/kill listis. He also shot down a jet this time a Ar 234 confirmed. a display item if I can ever get my digital up and running have a gorgeous 18/20inch long signed art profile of his crate signed by both Robert and his lovely bride. A very cherished treasure.

do you have pics/profiles of the 356th fg birds to use or not ? I have many plus I have interviewed more of these pilots than from any other fg in the 8th AF. little known grp they may have experienced more of the 262 jet plague than any other 8th AF unit by looking through the groups diary and personal flight books.....some real interesting stories from these guys on how they tried to play cat/mouse and try as they might to catch the jets. They actually started taking heat from the 262's back in October of 44 when they were flying T-Bolts

sorry I got stoked about this and ran my mouth, OT.

last thought on my posting are you doing the early Miss Velma or the alter all aluminum of the 55th fg. Birticeil is a great guy by the way.

No need whatsoever to apologise my good man, not at all! You're more than welcome to share anything that you want and at any time...
"Margie Darling" is one of the 356th Mustangs that I want to do besides "The Lord is my Sheperd", so, feel free to jump in at any point! :thumbright:

Thanks Erich! :notworthy:

PS. The only profiles that I have, are those coming with the decals....:oops:

Jan here are two profiles by my friend Nick in England. " Lady Dorris " pilot Ray Burwell died some time ago so was not able to interview him but I have a colour pic of him and his bird somewhere in the data files on the 356th fg. in fact that file is some 4 inches thick.

Attachments

• pi-dpro.jpg
    pi-dpro.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 150
  • pi-bpro.jpg
    pi-bpro.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 149

Users who are viewing this thread

Back