My Chino 2015 photo's. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DSC_0480.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0433.JPG

DSC_0461.JPG

Great shots Sys.
As a (very rough) 'rule of thumb', if the shutter speed roughly matches the lens size, then that should be fast enough to eliminate 'subject movement', ensuring a sharply-focused primary subject, but capture prop 'blur', rather than 'freeze' props, especially with Image Stabilisation engaged, given that any 'panning' is carried out smoothly, and 'followed through'.
Depending on (UK) weather conditions, I normally shoot at around ASA/ISO 400, with a 300mm zoom lens, and a shutter speed of around 1/350th second, using either center, or area AF.
On the odd occasion where fast jets (such as the Eurofighter Typhoon) are the subject, then I'll probably, if time permits, up the shutter speed to around 1/500th second.

Excellent shots mate. One day I will make it over there for that event, its on the list ! :)

I usually set my camera on A priority (F11) and found that with auto-ISO, the shutter speeds were too fast (so I missed shots) for when I was shooting the sky nearing the sun. So I set the ISO to 800 and the camera seemed to like it. I would have gone down lower but I didnt want the shutter speeds to drop too low to where I might get blurred pictures.

I also noticed that the lower the ISO, the bluer the sky became.
I usually do a shutter-speed between 1/125 to 1/200 as I don't like the props being fixed, don't know why you would prioritize Aperture here. Of course you get some blurred pictures but with digital camera's, who cares? I shot 800 pictures last monday, end up with 400 sharp pictures. ISO I usually set to 100 occasionally to 400, not higher because of the digital noise, which can explain your blueness of the sky (I use a Canon, don't know how it would be on a Nikon). Of course, this is with a stabilized lens, 70-300 from Canon.

But not wanting to sound critical as I really enjoy the photo's :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back