My cousins BBQ place morphed into "whats your favorite BBQ sauce?"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
Ahh tis the season to start grilling on a regular basis, Whats your favorite BBQ sauce,rub, marinade?

My favorite store brand BBQ sauce is K.C. Masterpiece, I will use that in a combination of seasonings when I have the BBQ going

As far as local BBQ favorites, we have a BBQ place in town called "Fat Daddy's" that has an excellent sauce and there used to be a place called "Allen's Oak Pit" that had a real tastey sauce. It had a unique taste to it because the base ingredient was grape jelly! :thumbleft:

my favorite is the jack daniels sauce that TGI Fridays uses on their JD steak, pulled pork sandwich, etc. you cant buy it in the stores...at least in the US....must be a deal between JD and TGIF. but i know the manager at the local joint and she sells me it. so i be a happy boy. also like a "island teriyaki" sauce that is at the grocery store...has sesame seeds and pineapple in it....ok now i am hungry!

Called, "The Devil's Spit" by Famous Daves. Also my favorite BBQ Rib joint though there are none close any longer.
Bobby, thought I saw that JD sauce at Walmart. Or try this:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
mike....yeah there is a JD BBQ or something sauce available but doesnt taste anything like the TGI Fridays stuff. i was looking at recipes too until i talked with the manager and she sold me a huge bag of the stuff. cost me $20 but i dont care paying for something i like....put a pork loin in a slow cooker til it shreads.....sprinkle on some Grill Mates Applewood seasoning...then top with the TGIF JD sauce....a meal that i'm lov'n.

I've been using a slow cooker/crock pot more and more. You can really experiment with different flavors from BBQ sauces to beer to whatever and the meat really comes out tender.

if your doing a roast (any) on the grill. Use a open pan, no fire/coals directly under pan(indirect method), completely coat(heavy) the roast in any, cheap brand of yellow mustard, really clop it on, cook until internal temp is what you want or is required. Mustard coat will be burnt and crusty, peel it off and discard. Meat will be tender and very juicy as the mustard coat sealed in all the juices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back