My Favorite BIlly Joel song

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

.. and B17 where did you learn about Billy Joel and Gordon Lightfoot!?!?

Sneaking in to listen to some of Dad's LP's... :D

I also like ELton John,
Just don't start to dress like him! :eek:

He coming to Aus in december, I wouldn't mind going to see him, he has some good songs.

Best from Billy Joel:
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
The Stranger
Movin' out
Only the good die young

Probably the most underrated Foreigner song ever; obviously one of their earlier efforts, but much better than the 2-minute stuff they came out with in the '80's. Definitely in my top 10 songs of all time . . . .

As for BJ, pretty much anything he wrote in the '70's is pretty good, before he got too "pop"

BTW, B-17, way to go on your musical taste; IMHO, most of the music written today (especially hip-hop/rap) is written simply to make a quick buck, not to be creative. My wife listens to one of those "pop" stations, and 90% of what they play is garbage. Back in MY day (the '70's), people wrote music to express themselves, and to create something beautiful, not to stuff their wallet. There's a reason for the phrase "starving artist"; nowadays, it's all about money, and how many "hits" you've got.

Who friggin' can, B17

Billy Joels ok I don't think I'd pay for a concert or go very far to see him although he might attract a lot of cougars

And Pb, are you sure you mean cougars? Older women who prey on younger men? At a Billy Joel concert? Maybe GILFs. But not cougars.

Go Screaming Eagles.....you will not regret......he starts out with some songs that aren't well known and then he gets to the good stuff like Piano Man and New York State of mind....at the concert I went to he played 30 songs over 2 hrs 45 min...Walking to the hotel at 11 45 at night....fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back