My first 1:72 scale, second plane model I have ever made.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
Bstang1-72.jpg

I just finished putting the decals on. It's my first 1:72 scale. It's obviously Lt. Col John Meyer's plane of the 352nd Fighter Group. I think this one went a bit smoother then my first 1:48 scale Zero.

Nice work mate!
No offence to your effort, but it looks like you swapped the gear legs around - they should be angled forwards.

If solidly glued, just leave them though, and take it as one of the first (of many) lessons you will learn along the way in this hobby.

As long as you have a thick skin for constructive criticism, you will only get better. The alternative was what I faced in my youth. Lots of $ kits and lots of $ magazines. This forum and others are free. Take advantage of them. I know that I do.

Yep, with Matt on that, but hope you know I wasn't taking a dig at your work, just pointing out a detail.
Your first efforts are far better than mine were!

Here's a tip I learned on this forum... the yellow on the prop blades for US airplanes were 4 inches. In 1/72nd (my only build scale) that is mighty small. :toothy5;

I'm not offended, thanks for the tips. I fixed the landing gear issue on the P-47 I just got done building which I will be posting after I make this message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back