My New IL2 Video Research Thread...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK Bill, thanks for the confirmation....

Now, if Dave would pop in and get the skins squared up, we got ourselves a party and I can start recording, and recording and recording... That first kill is gonna be a biatch.....

Anyway you can get to a 20 degree deflection shot like the Encounter report?

Lot easier to kill the pilot and punch the fuselage fuel tank

Guys remember that Bär is flying < 4 NOT the Gruppenkommandeurs << double Chevron so please make note of that
These guys are the skins that need to be the best out of the best 8 Dave....

If u could possibly add something to Amons Crate???? The Pik' As Badge... I think its quite possible that the loaner aircraft Gelbe 23 was an older kite that hadnt yet had it removed.... It'll be a cool touch.....
1st: Weinzierl in Black 1
2nd: Amon in Yellow 23
3rd: Sommerhoff in Black 21

And of course include Baers plane with those 3.....

Done and Done!

And lastly, we can't forget the key players on the other side...

1) Bär
2) Weinzierl
3) Sommerhoff

Attachments

• Bar_cameo.jpg
    Bar_cameo.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Weinzierl_cameo.jpg
    Weinzierl_cameo.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Sommerhoff_cameo.jpg
    Sommerhoff_cameo.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 91
Glad ya' like 'em!

It would have been cool to have the rest of the pilots, but as it stands, these are the key players, so they'll get all the attention, so it all works out well enough.

Now pretty much all that's left is for you to put the peices together! :thumbright:

Well, I finally got some time to get Dan's hobbies re-ignited.... Ive now got the video to the next stage, thank u Jesus....

And lemme tell ya, that first kill took forever to get right, literally 100 recorded engagements before it worked out well enough to go in the vid....

So, to summarize, Ive gotten the 109 formation, the dive into the bomber stream, the death of the B-24 Pleasure Bent, dropping of the aux fuel tanks and dive after the fleeing 109's, and the first kill including guncam footage....

Now its just a matter of workin the vid into the second kill and subsequent strafing by Johnson of Berts second kill....

Ok fellas, its done... I posted it up in the Aviation Videos Section, but heres the link..

I cant thank all of u enough for the help and support u guys provided to this project..... Dave, thanks for all the hours u spent workin and tweakin those skins man, they are by far the finest skins Ive seen....

Bill, I hope we did ur Dad proud, and urself as well....

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/at...0-new-il2-video-whom-bell-tolls-354-final.wmv

Great job gentlemen. It is very satisfying to know that this movie is historical to the T.

WOW

Magnificent job, man...truly!

My contribution was only possible with Bill and Erich's help...but you made it all come together, and a hell of a job you did...

The text looked great, the action was awesome and you pulled off some great angles...all in all, a great historical peice!

Hey guys,

sorry for picking up such an old thread.
Im an archaeologist from germany and while my youngest researches i found parts of a Messerschmitt BF109, shot down at Krumbach near Giessen in central Hessia. I was able to identify them as parts of Lt. Dieter Harpels Plane, who crashed on september, 11th 1944 an survived wounded. Just 800m far from Harpels Plane we found the BF109 of Flieger Fritz Weinzierl who died and is buried in Fellingshausen

While my researches for Lt. Harpel, i found your board. I dont know, how scientific your work is, but in fact, it makes a difference between crashing near Nürnberg or chrashing near Giessen of roundabout 300 km. If there is any academic interest, think about a revision of your argumentation.

With kind regards,

Thomas

Hi negeos. Thanks for sharing your info. A few of these guys are really scientific, writing history books, so I'm sure they'll be happy to know this. It would be great if you could share some pictures of your finds somewhere on the forum. I'm sure some really would appriciate that, at least I would :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back