My Remembrance Day (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
I had the great honour to address the staff and student body at Bishop Macdonell Catholic High School in Guelph yesterday as we celebrated Remembrance Day. I feel blessed to have been able to do so and the kids were very respectful behaving better than what adults have been modeling these past few days on the news.

Having many members of my family having served or still serving in the Canadian Armed Forces makes Remembrance Day the single most important day of the year to me. I get the chance to break out my dress uniform as I pay my respects to all those who have fought for the good cause that allows me the opportunity to live in this great country called Canada.

I get the feeling that those of you on the board feel the same way about your fellow countrymen and women who have allowed you the same freedoms that I enjoy.

Being from Guelph Ontario, the home town of Col John McCrae, the author of In Flanders Fields, makes it just a tad more special for those of us who call Guelph home.

Lest we Forget.

14955969_10157782556615010_4499227058891372713_n.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff

Great stuff Jeff, and you look very smart in your Dress Uniform.
Today (Sunday) is Rememberence Sunday here in the UK (as it is in many countries, of course), and I'm hoping to get down to the Cenotaph in town for the service at 11.00 hrs, although, having been awake all night so far, I'm feeling very stiff and rather painful, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it.
Quite a bit different to how I was 46 years ago today, when it was Friday, 13th November, 1970, when I completed the final jump of the Basic Para Course to earn my Para Wings. My Log Book shows this took place at 09.45 hrs, and that I jumped as Number 5 in the stick, on the Starboard side of an Argosy.
Oh, to be so fit again !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back