My War Scrapbook

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Karbine said:
saving private ryan deserved first place but i agree there was so many videos that were wrongly placed such as von ryans express 88th!

where did enemy at the gates come? love that film.

Weekly...DAILY! :D cool,does the site have enough updates to keep you happy visiting daily ?

Yep at the moment, mainly cos I still aint viewed all the pics :D

I think Enemy at the Gates was about 28th...Too low for my liking anywho :D

lol :D i may add more then to keep you hooked :p

o right 28 yea i would say its about there has nice action in the film.

I would say thats the main thing i love in a war film ACTION! and a good plot and good uniforms and weapons.

have you noticed in war films after saving private ryan they all try to copy the same type of flow,like saving private ryan had the camera angles all wobbley and bullets flying past,films like black hawk down etc have gone for that view too.

Im not saying its bad because they are great films just quite funny to see them copying each other.

It's a revolution in war movie making that's why. It gives the feel of it being an action camera man instead of a movie camera man. It's hand held cameras, it wasn't first used in Saving Private Ryan.

I agree that films need historical accuracy, but there does need to be sufficient action to keep me hooked. On one end of the scale, Pearl Harbour. Dreadful Film in all respects. Then lets take the Dambusturs, a Great film but I can help but think that Id like it more if there was more action.

cheddar cheese said:
I agree that films need historical accuracy, but there does need to be sufficient action to keep me hooked. On one end of the scale, Pearl Harbour. Dreadful Film in all respects. Then lets take the Dambusturs, a Great film but I can help but think that Id like it more if there was more action.

Pearl Harbor is the worst of them all.

I like films are are set in a period, ie world war 2, but have a false plot that never happened. This means that the Director can reall show it pretty much how he wants without really having to worry about full on accuracy. A good example of this is the Dirty Dozen, which is a great film.

yea i got that dvd free too :D love that film,wish they would give away some more classics like the longest day havent seen that in aaaaaages.

my mates just making me a new banner for site :D saw your post on my chatbox CC :p

yea me too,theres a magazine going around at the moment classic war collection but its like 7.99 for a dvd and only has 12 dvds in collection i think.

What you think of new site logo?

windtalkers was a nice film too has some superb camera work and action. Do i remember right that the longest day was a long war film like 3hrs long?

Thanks very much mate,im very pleased with it too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back