N1K1 Shiden George 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is what I tried to do..! Painted the decal with Future, but in the water the Future eventually dissolved and the decal broke up again.
I use Micro sol/set to soften de decal AFTER application on th model, to soften up the decal and give it a chance to maximal conform and adhere to the surface of the model...

SSSOOO...decal problem from Revell not yet solved..
And whats you alls opinion..the brighter color of the Revell, or the darker norientated decals from hasegawa...
suggetions...?? Or go the way around and paint them on...??
cheers and thanks all..

How about using round red stickers,or better yet red crayon:lol: After seeing what you have made over the years,decals are a step backwards for you. What where you thinking. I think most of us would agree if you used the decals,you would deserve a beatdown

Thanks all gents for the vote and attention, highly appreciated. I had little time lately for the hobby, too much flying, the company is doing too well, we are having a pilot shortage of 20% against the production!!
Anyhow, I do have some time again.
Paint them on it is, I abandoned the decal option all together.
This is my first try on the test subject, humbrol matt red # 153, not yet faded/stained/weathered...
Low tack masking sheet used, and used the diameter from the Original decals. A little "creep under" the masking as I can see, maybe the pressure a little less and the paint slightly thicker..

PICT0883.JPG
PICT0884.JPG
PICT0885.JPG
PICT0886.JPG
PICT0887.JPG

BTW, the test subject is 1/24 scale, hence the small looking "meatball"...

Looks good to me martin. I think it's difficult to get a true colour as it depends on the lighting. Did you make your own mask( if so how did you make a perfect circle) or are they pre cut.

Vaughan, zelf made mask..!! I will try it on an alu background now.
The pic does not quite live up to the actual color I must say..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back