NAA FJ-3 + FJ-4 FURY "Sabre goes Navy

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
A long tine ago I bought two Matchbox Fj-4 kits. Very simple kits without panel lines but very cheap. Always wanting some Furys I started an attempt to reshape what I had into reasonable models.

The methusalem:

I try to build the two Furys at the same time. TZhe Matchbox kit is missing any panel details nor does it have undercarriage bays.
Let's start with the FJ-4.the easier kit to build. A comparison kit and some rework.:

The same applies for the wings:

It is an interesting project Michael and the way you start, invites to follow him closely.

Saludos y estaré pendiente

Luis Carlos

As allready mentioned I used the Matchbox kit for the FJ-3 too. A comparision between the origional FJ-4 and FJ-3. A lot of putty is needed for the conversion:

The modified FJ-4 again:

The early FJ-3 with wing slats. Wings are from the Revell Sabredog which were left over from another project:

Have another look at at the half finished fuselages of FJ-3 and FJ-4:

The wings of the FJ-3 have to be rescribed later on.

Some time has past since my last post. Had to build a F-86K from Kittyhawk not the easiest kit to bulid. But now I'm back on the Furys.
Since the last post they got their wings and elevators + some racks for ordonance. The FJ-3 only needs a coat of primer and its midnight blue color.

The FJ-4B has to get some more putty and sanding where the lower wing joins the fuselage than it will get the primer treatment too.

Users who are viewing this thread