Nakajima Ki-44 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Hugh !

Ki-44-II-c for Capt. Yoshio Yoshida of the IJAAF 70th Sentai
Ki-44-II-c_for_Capt._Yoshio_Yoshida.JPG

Shinpachi that is simply brilliant work my friend, well done.

For your consideration,
Can I add that the latest research in Japan is now leaning towards the Sentai marking for Yoshida's aircraft being Red, as it is now believed that he commanded the 1st Chutai (Red marking) rather than the 3rd (Yellow).

I have reviewed the best photo of Yoshida's Ki44 with the 6 victories and the Sentai marking very closely matches the fuselage Hinomaru in tonal value. I found another image in which 1st and 3rd markings are visible and the yellow appears much lighter in comparrison to the red marked aircraft.

Shinpachi that is simply brilliant work my friend, well done.

For your consideration,
Can I add that the latest research in Japan is now leaning towards the Sentai marking for Yoshida's aircraft being Red, as it is now believed that he commanded the 1st Chutai (Red marking) rather than the 3rd (Yellow).

I have reviewed the best photo of Yoshida's Ki44 with the 6 victories and the Sentai marking very closely matches the fuselage Hinomaru in tonal value. I found another image in which 1st and 3rd markings are visible and the yellow appears much lighter in comparrison to the red marked aircraft.

Your theory might be right but I only obeyed the standard color which our old veterans told me when I was a kid.
Please note that I am only careful for new theories.

Many thanks guys for interesting advices and comments :salute:

The butterfly flaps. This is what I have been minding for tomo for a few years but now I am glad to show how it works :)

Bottom side of the Ki-44 with outer skin..
Ki-44_bottom.JPG

Thanks !

According to the operation manual of the Ki-44, it was NN-21 (14.5%?).
Basic shape came from the Douglas DC-2.

Hi there. Fantastic work. Regarding the aerofoil used on the Ki-44, can you indicate on what page in the manual it says it was an NN-21? Also, what is the source of your advice that the NN-21 came from the DC-2 aerofoil?

Hi there. Fantastic work. Regarding the aerofoil used on the Ki-44, can you indicate on what page in the manual it says it was an NN-21? Also, what is the source of your advice that the NN-21 came from the DC-2 aerofoil?

It's page 138 in the Ki-44 manual.
Basic shape does not necessarily mean the NN-21. The DC-2 gave strong influence to Nakajima's wing design for Ki-27, 43 and 44. This was written somewhere in a book of series Mechanic of World Aircraft published by Kojinsya.

Ki-44_manual(page138).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back