Naval Officer Application

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evrgrc

Recruit
May 25, 2009
Hey all,

Just happened upon this site/forum after looking up some Aviation pictures regarding my favorite era: WW2.

I just wanted to throw in that I have just finished my Naval Officer Application and sent out my reference request letters. I graduated 9 May this year with a BA in History and I am applying for a Pilot/Nav/ABM or ATC (Air Traffic Control) position. I take the ASTB (Similar to the AFOQT for Air Force) on 4 June.

I was in Air Force ROTC here on campus for my first two years but unfortunately with my degree and specialization I was required to step out due to not graduating when I was to be commissioned. And due to the Air Force downsizing and being extremely picky, the waiver my CO tried to get passed to allow me to stick it out for one extra semester was denied. So much for those aspirations of being a pilot in the Air Force. Now the next best thing, Naval Aviation.

Anyhow, I just wanted to throw that in here as well as a hello. I will be perusing the forums here and there.

Also, I am an avid IL2-1946 player, anyone else?

Hello evrgrc. Welcome! Sounds like you are on the right track. I hope my sons follow a similar course to yours. I am an avid Il-2 1946 flyer myself. I spend much time flying online with an excellent squad who develops top notch opords and executes them using tactical formations and proper brevity. Il-2 is a very fun and immersive combat sim that has drawn thousands of people into WWII aviation. It is very nice to see you here.

Thanks all I appreciate it. Just sent my final application in to the Chief about ten minutes ago. Now all that is left is the ASVAB and ASTB 4 June. I pray I get in, this is a lifelong dream.

For you IL2'ers what is your in game tag and what servers do you fly on? I'm a big realism fan and I usually am on Warclouds and the name I fly under is Stirid.

Respectfully,

Jason

Greetings from darkest unexplored East Anglia. I am an ex matelot (of a previous era)On my first ship Pontius was the pilot and we had 2 cats,2dogs, 2 elephants , 2 lions etc etc ..welcome aboard although I hav'nt been here long myself.:lol:
PS, Best of luck with the application.....I was press-ganged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back