Need some schematics of 3 key parts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Grupo1

Recruit
May 24, 2012
hi there
im here to ask for some help for a work my class is doing about plans for construting some models on a smaller or in the real scales
3 of the groups are devided to do 3 key parts of a plane and in this case the WW2 fighter plane Spitfire
so basekly we need to check the original construction drawings of the plane

my group in charge of doing the horizontal stabilizer, 2nd group is in charge of the vertical stabilizer and the 3rd group is in charge of a section of the main wing
we did searchs and so far we cant find technical information of about these 3 key parts like materials, the shapes of the ribs and spars, so we're trying to ask for help in this forum to find this information

if possible can some1 share these kinds of infos with us

if more detail is need ill try to reply as soon as we can

thx for the replys in advance

PS: only info i found about the mesure about the aluminium for the sheets wich was 4 mm thick

PS: also sry if this is not the correct section to ask about this

already checked it but the plans wouldnt arrive in time
the 3 groups making this presentation only have till 22 of june

i checked Spitfire, Lancaster and Hurricane Warbird technical drawings and plans site and sended an email to the author of it to check how much it would take to send a cd version with 99 draws of the mk1 for 100$

if the timeline is small like 3 to 4 days to arrive at us ill then talk with the teams to see if they want to buy it or not
in the mean time ill see if i can post other topics around, maybe ppl will share some of the key parts we need in the technical request sub forum

There are some scaled-down original drawings of various parts of the Spitfire structure in the Morgan/Shacklady book 'Spitfire - the history' which may help. Unfortunately it's a rather large and heavy volume, and I'm unable to handle it to put on my scanner, even if it would fit (!), due to rheumatoid arthritis. This book is generally regarded as 'The Bible' by anyone interested in this aircraft and, although relatively expensive, is well worth looking at.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but perhaps a local Public Library might have a copy, or be able to get it for you, to save the expense if it proves not what you need.

to be honest i doubt my local library have it
could try to search the capital city library but once to be honest dunno where it is hehehe

i did buy an ebook about a replica in the hopes of containing some info about schematics but the "shoot" went out of the other side of the barrels for me as it did not contained any info of the things we need.

but maybe we can work around this
i was thinking if u got a high res camera, can u take some pics of the book?

as i said we dont need that much schematics (i think) to complete this group work
ill try to give all the details of the 3 groups

my group is in charge of the horizontal stabilizer
think for this we only need:
-the top view of the static part and the mobile part
-possible the ribs and spars composing them
-and the materials to make it (to make a described memory report)

the vertical stabilizer team got the same
-side view of it
-ribs and spar
think the material list is the same as my part
(plane was most wood and aluminium sheets)

the 3rd group need to confirm 100% which area his
but i believe its part of the main wing or the section of the structure where it connects

ill double check with them to know tomorrow when i arrive at the class

If I were you, I would go looking for the Aero Detail book on the Mark of Spitfire you want and also the WarbirdTech book. That should give you some drawings to work with.

I might also have some drawings in other books if you can tell me exactly what Mark you are interested in.

- Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back