Needs a movie!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
Which real-life battles, exploits or incidences need their own movie?

A couple for me. The story of the CSS Alabama is freaking amazing and hollywood couldnt write a script this good. I have a thread on it here:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/1800-1914/css-alabama-18966.html#post509227

I dont know if it can support a whole movie but i'd like to see them try with operation Jericho, the Mosquito attack on the Prison at Amiens
Operation Jericho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i'd like to see the Battle Flag of the USS Enterprise brought to life

The career of the USS Constitution

Battle of Trafalger

Defense of Malta

Das Boot style movie for American submarines

Polish resistance in ww2

Hannibal invading Italy

so many...................:|

Last edited:
I too would like to see a movie on the USS Constitution. I think a mini-series similar to Band of Brothers would do that story better though. So many thinks to cover about the activities of that ship, how it came to be, the exploits of numerous Captains and crews, it's participation in the landings of Marines to battle Barbary Pirates on thier home turf.
A US story (not U-571 make believe) on a US Sub would be nice as well, maybe covering the exploits of the USS Barb based on the book Thunder Below?
So many great stories out there.

After his epics in the Lord of the Rings series
I think Peter Jackson should make 'Barbarossa'

Operation Tidal Wave. An operation that resulted in five MOH awards needs to be shown.

Lot's of CGI would be required since unfortunaely, Liberators are scarce.

TO

I changed the name of the thread to" Needs a movie or miniseries!!"

Both of this would be great mini series. The only bad thing about the Constitution is that she was blockaded at the end and that's not a very glorious ending...

The Alabama tried to slug her way out of the blockade and was sent to the bottom... GREAT ending for a movie.

Not much of a plot. Germany invades Russia. Russians fight back. Germany loses.
Broken down so simplistically
there'd be no plot to Lord of the Rings
Beardy geezer invades Middle Earth. Middle Earth fights back. Beardy geezer loses.

The Eastern Front saw some titanic battles and would require no exaggeration or dramatisation.

I changed the name of the thread to" Needs a movie or miniseries!!"

Both of this would be great mini series. The only bad thing about the Constitution is that she was blockaded at the end and that's not a very glorious ending...

The Alabama tried to slug her way out of the blockade and was sent to the bottom... GREAT ending for a movie.

I think the ending to a Movie/Mini-Series on the USS Constitution could be showing her in the current role she plays in the U.S. Navy. Oldest commisioned ship in any Navy in the world. A living History Museum, that would be a great movie ending for a proud Ship IMHO.

Can you imagine a CGI Kursk? 8)

Done right it would make for a great movie! I remember watching the final battle in LOTR on the big screen, made my jaw drop and how big the action was! Something like that would be needed for Kursk, but it would need to stay true to history.

I cant think of a CGI Kursk w/o imagining a flight of CG A-10s swooping in to clean house. :lol:
What about a CGI demolition of Army Group Central, or some of the pitched air battles that took place, or the rout of the Soviet Airforce at the start of Barbarossa? It's a CGI-fest with a storyline you couldn't make up. If Jackson adhered to the historical accuracy of Barbarossa and endeavoured to keep love triangles etc out of it, it would be a classic

I would say a movie following the exploits of sub captain Whitey Mack would make a good movie. He followed a Soviet sub for 47 days.

I think the ending to a Movie/Mini-Series on the USS Constitution could be showing her in the current role she plays in the U.S. Navy. Oldest commisioned ship in any Navy in the world. A living History Museum, that would be a great movie ending for a proud Ship IMHO.

Yes that would be a nice ending like Saving Private Ryan but it still needs a climax...here is her battle record:

USS Constitution's Battle Record

There is no finale... In Saving Private Ryan the emotional ending was supported by the successful rescue. The writers would probably make something up to sell tickets..

She has lots of fantastic compelling stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back