Needs a movie!! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There are so many possibilities from WW2 alone, I think a good quality movie about the fighter pilots of WW2 is long over due!

Case closed. CG B-24's, Massive Climax at Ploesti, Credits Roll with MOH list. I would even let them put me in it! :lol:

Opening shot: A couple of B-24's thunder low over two officers standing in the desert temporarily interrupting their discussion of the upcoming mission. Camera angel changes to reveal practice bombs being dropped on refinery mockup in distance behind them. Back to the officers...

Broken down so simplistically
there'd be no plot to Lord of the Rings
Beardy geezer invades Middle Earth. Middle Earth fights back. Beardy geezer loses.

The Eastern Front saw some titanic battles and would require no exaggeration or dramatisation.

Ah, but there is a love interest, some underlying metaphor and possibly a moral to LOTR. All very well making a movie but it has to be one that would interest everybody, not just WWII enthusiasts. If enthusiasts is quite the right word to describe us. :D

Case closed. CG B-24's, Massive Climax at Ploesti, Credits Roll with MOH list. I would even let them put me in it! :lol:

Opening shot: A couple of B-24's thunder low over two officers standing in the desert temporarily interrupting their discussion of the upcoming mission. Camera angel changes to reveal practice bombs being dropped on refinery mockup in distance behind them. Back to the officers...

If you haven't read it, you should keep an eye out for a book called Lady be Good. Its a great detective story about a B24 crew that disappeared and were found years later. Good read.

Black sheep would be a good one Catch, Pappy Boyington does not need to be all done up, his real life persona and adventures would be perfect for a movie, and it could be historically correct, without having to have anything added to his story.

Some great ideas guys. What about the battle of the Bismarck sea, or a proper depiction of the Aussie defence of Tobruk. Apart from that I'd love to see something made about the battle of the beachheads, Buna and Gona. The allies costliest campaign in New Guinea.

Mini series a la Band of Brothers, for the Battle of Britain - showing the struggles, combat and all, on both sides.
Now that's something I'd love to see!

Absolutely. Using members of this forum as the actors. I can see it now.

The Far Too Few Who Flew

Plucky Swede Jan joins the RAF in its hour of need. Pausing only to fill his Spitfire with black market whisky and stealing a kiss from WAAF Biker Babe he takes on the might of the Luftwaffe. RAF 1 Luftwaffe 0 after extra time and penalty shoot out.

Rated PG.

:lol:

The Far Too Few Who Flew

Plucky Swede Jan joins the RAF in its hour of need. Pausing only to fill his Spitfire with black market whisky and stealing a kiss from WAAF Biker Babe he takes on the might of the Luftwaffe. RAF 1 Luftwaffe 0 after extra time and penalty shoot out.

Rated PG.

Maxi, you've got it all wrong! :lol:

Action Lady BikerBabe joins the Luftwaffe to fight the Tommys, and with all her skill, cunning and superior intelligence, she downs Plucky Swede Jan (- flying for the sissy RAF), circling with her trusty wingman to confirm the victory, while watching the smoldering debris falling from Jan's plane in the wake of BB's trusty Bf 109E-4/N, while Jan bails out, shaken and on the verge of a mental breakdown.
Luftwaffe 1 - RAF 0.
Have a drink of channel water, Jan! ;) :lol:

:lol: I think I'd pay to see BikerBabe's version! :occasion5:

The battle for Tarawa, or Wake Island's defense re-done. I'd like to see another one on the Hurtgen, too, or a miniseries following Rommel's career from WW1 to his murder/suicide.

Action Lady BikerBabe joins the Luftwaffe to fight the Tommys, and with all her skill, cunning and superior intelligence, she downs Plucky Swede Jan (- flying for the sissy RAF), circling with her trusty wingman to confirm the victory, while watching the smoldering debris falling from Jan's plane in the wake of BB's trusty Bf 109E-4/N, while Jan bails out, shaken and on the verge of a mental breakdown.
Luftwaffe 1 - RAF 0.

Trusty wingman? Who gets to play best supporting actor then? :lol:

Lots of great suggestions but I'd like to see something more obscure .. few Americans know of Malta's struggle ..holy crap... it would make a GREAT movie. So many heroic elements.. Malta is a fascinating confluence of Italian, English and North African influences.. So many sub stories

the mechanics who rushed to assemble the Gladiators
the transport ships
Italian facists
north african opportunists
gladiator pilots
ground crews
The home front that was ready to give up on malta
blockade runners
submarine crews
American named frank who boinks a beautiful Maltese woman.

a comedy about the German occupation of Guernsey would be cool. i know there was a BBC comedy about it but it needs a big screen treatment

The Far Too Few Who Flew

Rated PG.

I'd be the one man fighter squadron....:twisted:8)

Luftwaffe 1 - RAF 0.

With the homemade whisky in the system, I'd flying like the devil himself! As for having a drink of channel water, I've already tried Budweiser and Miller "beer"...
Btw, where do you have the mirror to touch up your makeup in the cockpit?
A '109 in pink with purple ponies.....hmmmm! Don't think that Goering would approve.... ;) :lol:

And that, is a classic "burn"!! :lol:

Oh well...what can you say? :lol:

:lol: I think I'd pay to see BikerBabe's version! :occasion5:

Sure that it'd be a good laugh!

Movie, Yorktown....from the beginning until sunk at Midway. 8) Or a triology, Coral Sea, Midway and Guadalcanal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back