Needs a movie!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What would make a cool aviation movie would be the Marianas Turkey Shoot or a movie called Defending the Reich.

I'd be the one man fighter squadron....:twisted:8)
With the homemade whisky in the system, I'd flying like the devil himself! As for having a drink of channel water, I've already tried Budweiser and Miller "beer"...
Btw, where do you have the mirror to touch up your makeup in the cockpit?
A '109 in pink with purple ponies.....hmmmm! Don't think that Goering would approve.... ;) :lol:

Alright, Bud is as close as I will demand that you literally'll have a drink of something that closely resembles Channel water. :lol:
(I'm a Guinness Girl ;) )

The mirror? Same place as "Dolfo" had his cigar lighter. ;)
Btw, that leather helmet is a killer for any 'do, I tell you! *sigh* :rolleyes:
And concerning old Herr Meier - well, free unlimited amouts of his fave booze 'n drugs, a luxury suite and some ladies that'll cater to whatever his tastes was, impotence or not - and a concealed film photographer - I'd bet that the Gestapo would have a field day with him on those premises... that oughta keep him out of my hair (- and my standard camo-painted 109 and a red painted "lipstick kiss" on the tail for every victory) for a while. :lol:
I'd gladly trade a Mutterkreuz for a Ritterkreuz, providing that I'd survive long enough! :lol:

How about Marseilles' last month in North Africa? Starting with his multiple kills and the wearing down as the days and missions got longer until the final, fateful end.

I'd like to see one on Michael Wittman with the tank fights brought back to life by the help of modern CGI. (Can't stand seeing those white puff effects of the old movies when a tank fires, ruins it for me)

Alright, Bud is as close as I will demand that you literally'll have a drink of something that closely resembles Channel water. :lol:
(I'm a Guinness Girl ;) )

Now we're talking! Can't beat a good Extra Cold Guinness.....(and a few single malts)! Look me up, if in Glasgow sometime.... ;)

You're officially back in my good book! :lol:

I'd like to see one on Michael Wittman with the tank fights brought back to life by the help of modern CGI. (Can't stand seeing those white puff effects of the old movies when a tank fires, ruins it for me)

Could be great but like "The Marianas Turkey shoot". One sided heros... no fun
When Wittman" buttons up" it's gonna be a slaughter.. I dont see the drama in the obvious.

Hans Rudel would be more interesting.... aviators are subject to more variables... (drama)

How about Marseilles' last month in North Africa? Starting with his multiple kills and the wearing down as the days and missions got longer until the final, fateful end.

Cant miss
great story... as long as they include ME 323's being slaughtered over the med

I'd also really like to see a high budget film made about the German paratroopers. Never seen one of those before..

Yep, I would agree. I also think a film about the struggles of the Battle of Malta would make an excellent film, it has everything you would want from a war film. As for other scenarios, a lot could be done with the German side of the war as it hasn't really been covered in any way. Something similar to Band of Brothers with German Paratroopers I think would work well.

Yep, I would agree. I also think a film about the struggles of the Battle of Malta would make an excellent film, it has everything you would want from a war film. As for other scenarios, a lot could be done with the German side of the war as it hasn't really been covered in any way. Something similar to Band of Brothers with German Paratroopers I think would work well.

I agree completely.

Attachments

• Flak Bait, NASM, 5-93.jpg
    Flak Bait, NASM, 5-93.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Wow, great ideas guys. Personally, I wouldn't mind see a redone movie of midway. couple of other options too.
-El Alamein.
-Monte Cassino.
-Verdun.
-The Marne.
-Jutland.
-Something on the Indian Army, whether in Europe or the Pacific.
-How about something like "Britain Stands Alone," from late '40 to late '41.

You want action, suspense, intrique, drama and explosions galore.....

A movie about the raid on Zeebruge during WWI.

First World War.com - Battles - The Raid on Zeebrugge, 1918

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about this raid. Nice pick Njaco, this could be a great movie, as long as it's in the hands of the good director. Gotta make sure Michael Bay doesn't get in on this, or somehow we'll find British sailors armed with M16's and SAWS going against German troops with AK-47's and RPG's. :rolleyes:

With all these ideas for movies, maybe we should start are own film company, like AFC, the Aircraft Films Corporation. Focus right on the history of an event, and leave out all the unnecessary drama and romance stories. We could be millionaires. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back