Needs a movie!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beaten again. Jutland, film or mini series, from the naval race build up, through the battle, to the post battle recriminations.

I recall from my schooldays that there was a series on T.V. about the true stories of the U.S. submarine service called "Silent Service"

Bucksnort, Constitution is the oldest ship afloat, Victory is the oldest in commision.

The story of HMS Seraph.
A series about the Individual U-boat aces.

I know it is a novel but Len Deighton's "Bomber" would make a brilliant film.

Yeah, these sound like great ideas. If it's a film company, I'll test the seats, to make sure that they are comfortable for the audience.
If it's a writers guild, then I'll make sure that the right kind of food is incorporated into each historical movie. :D

.Bucksnort, Constitution is the oldest ship afloat, Victory is the oldest in commision.

My mistake, the USS Constitution is the oldest commisioned Warship still afloat, while the HMS Victory holds the title of overall oldest commisioned Warship (drydocked). Glad you pointed that out so I can have the facts correct.

Last edited:
I would like to see something about an armor unit of WWII or Vietnam. One would think that there was only Inf and helos in SE Asia.

DBII

Does anybody have Tom Hanks e-mail?
He seems to be the only person in Hollywood that has a reverence for history..

Saving Private Ryan
Band of Brothers
from Earth to the Moon
Apollo 13
Band of Brothers - Pacific

... They are all outstanding (BoB - Pacific will be)

Tom has made the world a better place.

Last edited:
Eastwood did damn good too with both his Iwo Jima movies. Letters from Iwo Jima really made me think about the japanese enlisted men left to die on I.J. and all the other islands.

Heh. I'd LOVE to see a collaboration amongst all three of those guys. Hanks/Spielberg/Eastwood....man, that'd be a sight to behold!

They sure could make some interesting movies, of that I'm sure! :shock:
horny.gif
jubiiduu.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back