New bin Laden tape warns of more U.S. attacks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

102first_hussars

Tech Sergeant
Oct 3, 2005
Edmonton,Alberta
New bin Laden tape warns of more U.S. attacks
CTV.ca News Staff

An audio tape purportedly of Osama bin Laden warns that al Qaeda is preparing new attacks on the United States, but also offers the opportunity for "a long-term truce".

The voice on the tape, aired on the Arab television network Al Jazeera, says plans for the terror attacks are already underway.

The speaker says heightened security measures are not the reason there have been no attacks on the U.S. since Sept. 11, 2001.

Instead, it is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them in the heart of your land as soon as the planning is complete," the voice says.

"Our mujahedeen were able to overcome all the security measures in European countries and you saw their operation in major European capitals. As for similar operations taking place in America, it's only a matter of time."

The tape also says al Qaeda is open to a conditional truce with the Americans to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land. We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war."

The speaker does not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by Al Jazeera.

The tape also cites American opinion polls, saying that most Americans want U.S. troops pulled out of Iraq.

"Your President Bush has been misleading you. He has lied when he said that the people are behind him. Opinion polls have indicated that the overwhelming majority of you want him to pull the troops out of our land."

Al Jazeera said the tape was recorded in December.

There was no immediate confirmation of the tape's authenticity, but CNN's Senior Editor for Arab Affairs Octavia Nasr said it does sound like the al Qaeda leader.

If confirmed, it would be the first time bin Laden has been heard from since he released two audio tapes in December 2004.

The first of those messages mentioned the attack on the U.S. Consul offices in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, earlier that month that left five people dead.

The second message heard bin Laden announcing the appointment of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi as his deputy in Iraq

So is something we should worry about or is it BS?

A truce?!? It's because they got the sh*t knocked out of them. If they were that all-powerful they wouldn't be asking for a truce. No the maggot is on the ropes, but I'll offer him a "Truce." A "Truce with a Noose."

No mercy, he started this we will end it. Eye for a eye. Terrorism is about fear and intimidation, terrorists want and need people to think there is always that chance that they will attack that's how they work. I say put the fear of God in him, hunt him down like rat. Make him run for his life, he will only die tired. Make him look over his shoulder, make him scared, show him what fear is. NO MERCY OR TRUCE

dang it Afghanistan is a bit hilly for a Velodrome but I can work with it.....might be kinda fun with rolling hills and not just a big oblong circle....

let me think about it

Ill tell you one thing. When I was over there and this is not what you hear about on TV or in the newspapers but for every Coalition soldier killed in Iraq we take about 100 (literally) with us, we have taken down so many training camps (I got an air medal for one!) and terrorist cells it is not funny. Even the Iraqi people are tired of the Insurgancy and are protesting against it (you really dont see much of that on TV, but its true, ive seen it).

They bad guys are getting there ass kicked and it shows.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Ill tell you one thing. When I was over there and this is not what you hear about on TV or in the newspapers but for every Coalition soldier killed in Iraq we take about 100 (literally) with us, we have taken down so many training camps (I got an air medal for one!) and terrorist cells it is not funny. Even the Iraqi people are tired of the Insurgancy and are protesting against it (you really dont see much of that on TV, but its true, ive seen it).

They bad guys are getting there ass kicked and it shows.
I hate when some assh*le says we're loosing in Iraq! I'd like to...

squa-in-da-nuts.jpg

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
It is not that, they show what the average person wants to see P38. They show what is going to make them money.

At least its an independant network, the news that the CBC gives canadians is all supervised by the government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back