New from Wiltshire, England

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi, I've read these threads for a long time and learnt so much. I thought I should join and share what I do. After a two year 'build a Spitfire cockpit' for my son...the bug has hit me big time haha. Now on my second sim. and trying my best to keep it all accurate as possible. I'm lucky I guess, Spitfires were made some 8 miles away in Swindon so a lot of local knowledge!

Well Capt. Vick...the instrument panel so far. I CAD drew all these instruments from pictures around the net. The whole thing is only 15mm thick, made from paper plastic and MDF and weighs about 0.5KG ( as against about 20KG for a real one)
dashinstrume.jpg
. It looks convincing I think, the clock works haha. It isn't 100% accurate I know but cool for a sim.

Welcome form 'up north'.
I presume you've seen Darryl's Spitfire sim cockpit ?
More replica Spit than sim !!!!

Welcome form 'up north'.
I presume you've seen Darryl's Spitfire sim cockpit ?
More replica Spit than sim !!!!
There are so many people making cockpits! It's amazing. I fell short of 'replica' I decided if I follow that route it would never get finished. I did buy slotted bolts for the Blind Nav. panel...but not BA or imperial threads lol. Where do you draw the line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back