New guy here, confused (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you scare anybody, but you do take yourselves way too seriously, and there is a definite flavor of a bunch of little boys running a treehouse club. The recent brouhaha over the F-117 manual that mikec1 posted is an excellent case in point. I'm not going to defend mike's reply to the moderator, it was a bit too raw for my taste as well, but the moderator was wrong, all the same. That manual has been all over the Internet, including Avialogs and Scribd, that's where mike got it. It is not regarded by HQ USAF as classified or sensitive in any way, if it were they would have taken action to see that it was removed from the sites I mentioned. As to it being restricted to internal government use, just about all of the NATOPS manuals on this site say the same thing on their first page. Shouldn't those be erased, too? I also note that while mike got banned, the site kept all of his other contributions, which struck me as a bit specious at best. But then, it's your clubhouse, folks, and I leave you to it for greener and more productive pastures.

Except the modeling section isn't affiliated with the manuals and political ranting section of the forum :( although we can ask for technical manuals etc there is a space for those, if it was requested a manual be removed by the appropriate source, then it was :)

It certainly was!
Yes, there are some members on the forum, in general, who take themselves too seriously, especially with the back and forth nonsensical arguments about "What if this or that", but I don't see any of that in the Modelling section, and therefore fail to see what that outburst has to do with the normally light-hearted, encouraging and helpful banter and 'conversation' in this section.

Terry, when I first started I felt the same way, one or two of the mods seemed to come on like....well you know. Then as I thought more about it; it occured to me that this is a PUBLIC forum. Posting are or can be seen by anyone much like a cell phone call; it's an open broadcast. Certain peoiple/companies/the Feds/etc. can see all and some can be QUITE nasty about things like copyrights/intellectual property/national security/etc. It is peolple like Horse and the mods that would bear the brunt of legal action and it could well mean the end of the forum. Just like on the road speeding cannot be defended by "But everyone else was doing it" arguements So things that seem "mouse milk" to you or I can be blown way out of proportion by people outside the forum.
So as I've heard many others say "Thank YOU Mods" for a thankless job sometimes protecting us from us

As a person who readily admits a lack of tack, and while I definitely do not agree with how mike1c conveyed his message, it does raise a good point. We have posted a number of manuals for aircraft that are currently in front line service today such as the B-52, F/A-18, B-1, and A-10, would the argument for pulling the F-117 manual cover these as well?

Fair comments Mike and David. But, I haven't seen whatever has occured regarding Mike 1C, manuals, or anything else and, regardless of what has happened elsewhere on the forum, I still fail to see what relevance the post regarding 'seriousness', by our friend Lacrossedart, has to do with the lighthearted banter in this particular thread, or any other part of the Modelling section.

Fair comments Mike and David. But, I haven't seen whatever has occured regarding Mike 1C, manuals, or anything else and, regardless of what has happened elsewhere on the forum, I still fail to see what relevance the post regarding 'seriousness', by our friend Lacrossedart, has to do with the lighthearted banter in this particular thread, or any other part of the Modelling section.

I have to agree.
A reasonable request, (possibly pending a clarification), answered by an over the top response, by, quite frankly, someone that many of us had qualms about.
Personally, I don't care how much fruit salad you wore, or how many scrambled eggs you had on your hat, (unless it came with bacon....Mmmm... bacon.), the mods have every right to do their job.
I have enjoyed this treehouse, (read assylum), just because of the banter. That, and the willingness of members to share techniques. I am sure that many of you have perused other boards and have seen the silly "I am better" crap that goes on.
Thank you Horse, and the others that make this a fine place to be. Unless, of course, I get a bee in my bonnet, in which case I deliver an early "I'm right and you all are wrong, and you are all poopy heads! (And you know who you are!) So there!".

Last edited:
Well, *technically* speaking, the manuals in the technical section for the P-51 were classified, too...

As far as Lacrossedart is concerned...nothing like being a wet blanket at a beach party...what compelled them to jump into this thread and go on that rant is beyond me.

As far as a "club" goes, everyone is welcome to join in on the fun...there is no exclusive "click" or group here on the forums...

So my advice to Lacrossedart: don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out

Did someone say sizzling bacon? Thought I smelled something... Hmm. Maybe just my imagination, or I could just be disillusioned:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back