The New Generation Group Builds-2013 onwards

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So why is it that the GB 32 has no icon?I noticed last week when I voted in the GB31 MC poll that a new GB was not going on?So I started searching and see the twins and a WW1 build going also??is it my computer or something?

It's all fine with your comp Kevin. Just I have lost my access to the ACP and can't create new sub-forums for the new GBs. Because it happend some time ago the threads of the GB32 and GB 33 have had to be posted in the main GB folder. Their titles start with '<-' and '<>' signes. It should help to find or notice them.

forgive me but we could not put to think that GB could do next of those that we have left ...., we are in the GB36 and we have organized until the GB39, we could put ideas to make models, as it could be airplanes of the Spanish republic 1929 -1939, or the Spanish Civil War (GCE), planes interned during WWII ...

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind as well and I think that a new poll in the new year will be in order. We also need some ideas on how to keep these builds relevant as we have had some very poor participation in some. GB 36 has garnered some strong interest though.

Just thinking about this yesterday as well. Though I do have some kits for a few of the upcoming GBs, I think we are all on this site for the same reason...WW2 and as Sergio mentioned (an era that I love) events leading to WW2. Perhaps we could go back to past WW2 GBs and tighten them up a bit. There is an "Aircraft of the Aces" GB but maybe do an Aces of the Med., BoB, SEAC, etc.. I myself didn't start GBs until #14, "Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks" and wouldn't mind doing some of the earlier ones. Just a Midnight thought

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind as well and I think that a new poll in the new year will be in order. We also need some ideas on how to keep these builds relevant as we have had some very poor participation in some. GB 36 has garnered some strong interest though.

Andy maybe a because in the time they were those GB were in summer and almost no one maquetea in those dates, vacations, courses, air shows, air shows or things like that, which makes people have little interest or no time to making models.
is to comment something because I was not active for a few months for the reasons given above because I was one of those who did not participate in 3 of the last GB

Yep, I'm in the same boat. But don't forget that when it's summer here, our Aussie friends have their winter and vice versa.

George, I'm with you on the subjects and I tend to stick within the WW2 era or the time frame just before. I jumped into the Viet Nam GB just to help spur some interest but I think most of our small group just didn't feel inspired. Looking ahead, I don't hold much hope for GB 37 either. The last 2 are ones I have an interest in though. I tend to like GB's that have a theme that allows me to learn more about a particular battle, campaign, or personalities involved. I'd have no problem with revisiting some of the older popular themes as we did this last time with some success.

Concur with Geo about the WW2 aspect. That's why I'm here. Some new ideas mixed with redoing some of the older GB themes might generate some interest. Out-of-box, all metal finishes, model brands (Airfix, Revell, or Hasegawa, etc), vintage kits, 1/72 or 1/32 (since 1/48 is the most common), aircraft-specific (all Mustangs, Spitfires, or 109's for example).

Some good ideas here, and I'd most certainly be interested in 're-visiting' a BoB-themed GB, maybe along the lines of my 'Hardest Days' theme, where a specific time period of around two weeks, within the time frame of the Battle, was the theme ?
Not that I have a compelling interest or reason of course - I only have around another 26 kits for such a GB !!!

Seems we should Split and add something to GB37 to get the interest and participation up....

maybe your suggestion simply expanded Terry......Battle of Britain time period, options a plenty...!

i think a Battle of Britain theme is a good simple addition with lots of different aircraft that can be done including the usual suspects....and highly likely could attract some good numbers to join in.

Ive noticed that GBs that don't include a WWII aspect generally don't do well. perhaps for the next poll, if must be paired with a WWII subject as a split build?

another way of approaching the next poll is to look at the numbers of votes that a given nomination has attracted. ive noticed that the builds attracting the lower levels of interest are those builds that tend to have received a lower number of votes in the first place. there are exceptions to that observation....the current build number 36 being one of them. We could organise the builds such that each category GB must have been supported by a minimum number of votes. that might require the combination of pre-set nominations in order to achieve the requisite number of votes.

The reason that there are so few votes fro some is that the last GB poll was intended to cover a 5 year span with no repetition of subjects. That means that there had to be 15 to 20 different themes and it watered down the votes. Maybe we do as you suggest, pick the top ten based on votes, and poll every 2 to 3 years and throwing out those with low scores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back