The New Generation Group Builds-2013 onwards (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I amazed someone (even Hobbycraft) made that as a decal option. That is from the same time period that I need. If they have it for the blue squadron that would be almost perfect. All I would have to come up with would be the fuselage and tail numbers which are the only part of my graphics that I'm 100% happy with at this point. If you could dig those decals up for me I would be eternally grateful to you George.

First pic of a bird from the same squadron
Second pic is the "Millie G" assshe is today (or at least was as of a few years ago) on a pole in a somewhat different paint scheme
The third is what I'm looking for and the fourth is the graphics I've worked up so far which I'm not really happy with except for the numbers
p-51d_shark_106.jpg
millie g 44-72123_08_jp2.jpg
millie g 44-72123_04_dr1.jpg
millie_G_decal_proj_1909_1_10-27-11 t.jpg

That's a good one Glenn, and it'll be great if Geo has the decals.
If not, there may be some available - there was a series, including some for Latin American countries, and other relatively obscure air forces, I think produced by a Brazilian company, under a title something like 'Roundels from around the World', which were advertised a couple of years back.
I'm fairly sure I saw some decals in the range for the Dominican Republic.
Sorry I can't be more specific, but a search might come up with something, and one place to try, which seems to have lots of unusual and OOP items, is The Aviation Megastore, in Amsterdam, Holland.

I'll see if I can find those decals on the Internet Terry. And thanks for the offer Cory. I'll tale you up on it if all else fails. I'm watching one of those Hobbycraft kits on eBay that I can get if George can't find the decals.

Sorry Glenn, went through my decal stash twice....nada. This was one of my early builds and possibly chucked them before I realized the value of saving everything not used. I also realize I need a better system of storing spares.

Geo

Found the decals in another P-51 box but not the ones you need Glenn. Also, the kit, at least mine, never came with the blue markings, just red black and yellow. Terry, right now I have two large tupperware tubs along with 3-4 desiccant packs. One tub contains purchased decals and the other contains kit leftovers. I need two more - Allies and Axis.

Geo

No Problem George. I may pick one of those kits up on eBay just for the decals, I have a watch on several of them. Not sure if I will though, I looked at the decal sheet in one of the eBay pictures and as you say there is no blue option so I'd be doing the lightning bolts by masking.

So between now and some time in 2019, there isn't one GB for which a single-engined RAF WW2 aircraft qualifies, unless it fought in the Battle of France (GB 39).

Just sayin'.......

As andy says, it would be good if moderators and administrators to make proposals for new GB, these are mine:

I would like to make a GB of civil war Spain (GCE), of course it would be for when they finish all that there planned and Andy says that would be great to make a GB Battle of France, another battle of Holland and Belgium, has always liked the idea of making a Fokker G1a of Luchtvaartafdeeling.

I'm liking that idea Wayne. Let's open up the discussion and collect some ideas for potentially splitting the remaining GBs. I'd suggest more WW2 themes as lots of the remaining ones are non-WW2 related. I will think of some tonight and post.

So, of the remaining GB's I could see splitting the following:

GB 31 50's conflicts - Reason: non WW2
GB 33 WW1 - Reason: non WW2
GB 34 Prototype/weird - Reason: narrow scope
GB 35 Vietnam - Reason: non WW2
GB 37 Helicopters - Reason: Not a F!cking Plane!!!!

The other remaining ones have fairly broad scope and I would propose leaving these alone.

That makes 5 possible new GBs to split into these. I would propose:

Training Aircraft of WW2
"North of 60" - WW2 in the north (Norway, Finland, Northern Russia, Aleutians
WW2 RAF Aircraft
WW2 Over Water - another one for carrier based long range patrol, or amphibious aircraft
Biplanes of WW2

Last edited:
Sure. It would not be eliminated, just split. Though if others don't want to split this one, that's fine. It's only a proposal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back