The New Generation Group Builds-2013 onwards

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure if I can answer this one directly Kojo, its part of the old list which I had no involvement with. My assumption is that this GB is for aircraft that achieved flight which would put your nomination outside the criteria. However that is just my thought, so let's just see what the other forum members thought are.

What ever complies with the rules is what I will do. The kit is a ME-262 but I was thinking of doing it in Japanese markings since the Nakajima 201 was being built as a "copy" of the 262. Technically it was just a hair bigger and also never completed construction. The design was proven but this never flew. It was supposed to fly toward the end of 1945 and go into full operation in 1946 was the original plan.

Just let me know if it works or not to the rules of the GB.

I have an Ar-234 lined up for this one. Will likely pass on the next GB to get some other project out of the way and to maybe make some bases for what I have.

I'm Ok with the Ki-201. I also agree with Paul that the dates are a little too narrow. Maybe we could open it up a little to include the first generation of jets in the late 1940s. Some pretty interesting subject matter there that wouldn't be covered in any of the other group builds.

Last edited:
There were alot of jets made that flew during the war but just did not make it into full production like the Ho229. Now I know there is going to be a what if GB later on which I imagine would be all the aircraft designed on paper but never built or started to built and would fall under the "Luft 46" theme. The Kyushu J7W was made as a pusher prop plane which did exist and was fully built, there was plans for a jet powered version but that was on paper only. Just trying to figure out where the line is drawn.

From what I remember of discussion at the time, this GB was originally intended as an 'early jet age', something like 1945 to 1950.
Personally, I would rather see other types, such as the proposed or prototype German stuff, in a totally separate, almost 'fantasy' Luftwaffe '46 build - but I don't really think that this is totally pertinent to this forum either.

fence because I'm expecting a Arado E555 to do in this GB, it'll have to do the fence salamder, blitz or me262b1 I have for here

One of my options for GB18. Same problem here as with a Coastal Command B-24D, that swapped rear turret, why couldn't they just leave things alone!

May 1st–Sunday Sept 2nd 2013 - GB 18-Heavy Hitters of WWII Allied or Axis, Single to Multi Engine.
Bombers, dive bombers, tank busters, ground attack, anything that delivers a heavy punch.

Mission: Warsaw supply drops

Date: 15th August 1944

Unit: No.1586 Special Duties Flight

Type: Liberator VI

Serial: KG890

Code: GR-S

Base: R.A.F. Brindisi, Italy

Pilot: Fl/Lt. Marian Zbigniew Szostak 76684 P.A.F. Age 28 Killed

Pilot 2: W/O. Jozef Bielicki 793845 P.A.F. Age 22 Killed

Fl/Eng: Fl/Sgt. Wincenty Tudeusz Rutkowski 792934 Age 23. Killed

Nav: Fl/Lt. Stanislaw Daniel 0735 P.A.F. Age 34. Killed

Air/Bmr: W/O. Tadeusz Dubowski 794215 P.A.F. Age 21 Killed

W/Op/Air/Gnr: Fl/Sgt. Jozef Witek 794534 P.A.F. Age 29. Killed

Air/Gnr: W/O. Stanislaw Malczyk 793506 P.A.F. Age 28. Killed

Reason For Loss:

Fl/Lt. Marian Zbigniew Szostak and this crew were classed as one of the most experienced aircrews and a great loss to the P.A.F.

These supply drops were made up from volunteer crews and this crew had made their first drop on the 8th August, all three crews (only three could be mustered for the first drop) made good drops to the Warsaw fighters on the ground. On the 13/14th August a further 54 aircraft made more drops but this time with limited success.

Heavy losses were experienced by the crews, 29 aircraft made drops on Warsaw but about a third of these missed the Polish Home Army and Freedom Fighter enclaves. 20 aircraft had to abandon the mission altogether for various reasons. 11 failed to return and most of the rest were so seriously damaged that they had to be written off.

The R.A.F. lost five crews on this raid, S.A.A.F. also lost another 5 crews and the P.A.F. KG890 was also lost. Searchlights blinded the aircrews trying to make the drops which were made from as low as 100 ft!Flak was extremely heavy over the target and the German night fighters were also very active. KG890 was shot down by one of these German night fighters.

a_r_s_-collectionkg890.jpg

KG890 GR-S Being prepared in early August for Warsaw drops.

a_r_s_-collectionkg890003ab.jpg

KG890 GR-S Engine test run

KG890%20Crew.jpg

My other option, the one that I'll most likely aim to do, is this Vickers Wellington Mk. Ic....

Mission: Bremen, Germany (Deshimag shipyard)

Date: 25/26th June 1942

Unit: No. 304 Squadron (Polish)

Type: Wellington IC

Serial: DV441

Coded: NZ-Q

Pilot: P/O. Jan Kramin (1) P-1604 P.A.F. Age; 22, Missing (Born; Klimanowice, Poland.)

Co/Pilot: Sgt. Henryk Kué 792037 P.A.F. Age; 27, Missing (Born; Sokolów, Poland.)

Nav: Fl/Lt. Marian Józef Dydziul P-0190 P.A.F. Age; 37, Killed (Born; Suwalki, Poland.)

W/Op: Sgt. Tadeusz Kamyszék 783875 P.A.F. Age; 32, Missing (Born; Pozaniu, Poland.)

Air/Gnr: Sgt. Jan Wojtaś 781144 P.A.F. Age; 28, Missing (Born; Baranowie, Poland.)

Air/Gnr: Sgt. Nikita Mikolaj Talach 781912 P.A.F. Age; 26, Missing (Born; ? Poland.)

Reason For Loss:

Although based in Dale this aircraft together with a further 6 Wellington's from 304 squadron took off from Bircham Newton, Norfolk as part of the famous 1000 bomber raid on Bremen (Although 960 aircraft became available). DV441 (204 squadron were part of coastal command at this stage of the war) was shot down by a German night fighter but no further details are available to date.
It is reported that the complete crew drowned but only the body of Fl/Lt. Marian Józef Dydziul was recovered.

Wellington%20IC%20DV441%20NZ-Q%201.jpg

Wellington%20IC%20DV441%20NZ-Q%202.jpg

Wellington IC DV441 NZ-Q

Kramin.jpg
Kue.jpg
Dydziul.jpg
kamyszek.jpg
wojtas.jpg
talach.jpg

Left to right: Jan Kramin, Henryk Kué, Marian Dydziul, Tadeusz Kamyszék, Jan Wojtaś, Nikita Talach.

You can count me back in on these GBs gentlemen when the Nose Art GB roles around :) got some sabres and some F-16s in the stash that would be perfect for these :)

had mine lined up,P-47 and a Sabre, both in RAF markings but will now miss the next few GB's due to moving house !!!!

Sabre, P-47 Good :) = like, moving house = bad :(

Sucks but its good to hear, are you getting a biger space for airbrushing rochie? :)

Good luck with the move Karl!
Could be out of this and the next few GBs myself for same reason - will know by next week if we go to Ireland or not, moving in July if yes.

Cheers mate, and best of luck yourself with the savings.
That's a big part of the reason we're probably heading to Ireland (pending result of a job interview Ivett has this week). Simply no way to earn properly here in Hungary.

we are moving in with my wifes folks for a while (6 - 8months) so we can save some cash for a deposit to buy our own house.

but thanks guys

Good luck Evan

Always a good thing to save :) Parents are great :D :) (this is coming from me, who still lives with his :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back