The New Generation Group Builds-2013 onwards

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You know what would be fun, what if there was a GB for your favorite fighter as if you were the pilot? You know, create your own nose art and have the markings of your favorite unit.

Go for it. My Unofficial Dora build was a success. Mind you, I'm more for historical accuracy so this particular build is not one that I'd join.

Looking forward to this one next year, being the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain....10 July – 31 October 1940 (3 months and 3 weeks)

Aug 1st- Sunday Dec 6th 2015- GB 27-Defense of Britain and the Atlantic WWII Allied or Axis.
Defense of Britain from the phony war to the 'D' Day landings in 1944 including Invasion Stripes coupled with the Atlantic War Mid 1940-1943. Opens the door for a host of aircraft, fighters, bombers, dive bombers, ground attack, land based or carrier based as well as Coastal Command aircraft either in search and rescue, ship launched, coastal or convoy defence and float planes.

Last edited:
That's gonna need some clarification. How can "Defense of Britain" involve Axis aircraft? Unless that part refers to the Atlantic campaign...? Anyway, I wasn't planning any Axis builds for this one any way. I'll likely do a 404 Squadron Beaufighter.

Heh, looking at this list I actually have something for the vast majority of the remaining GBs. Obviously I won't do every kit here for them but I'm apparently well stocked.

May 1st- Sunday Sep 4th 2016 - GB 30-'Post-War Warbirds' Given a New Lease Of Life.

1/48 Special Hobby RCN Seafire
1/48 Tamiya RCAF Mustang
1/48 Academy RCAF Mitchell
1/48 Phoenix RCN Firefly

Aug 1st- Sunday Dec 4th 2016 - GB 31-Military Conflicts of the 1950s.

1/48 Revell/Hasegawa F4U-7
1/48 Trumpeter F9F
1/48 Italeri F7F

Nov 1st– Sunday Mar 5th 2017 - GB 32-Twin Engine Aircraft of WWII Allied or Axis.

1/48 Great Wall P-61
1/48 Italeri Boston
1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter
1/48 Hasegawa P-38
1/32 Revell He 219

Feb 1st-Sunday Jun 4th 2017 - GB 33-World War I, 1914-1918.

1/32 Wingnut Wings Albatros D.V (still on its way from NZ)

May 1st-Sunday Sep 3rd 2017 - GB 34-Prototype or Weird aircraft.

1/48 Special Hobby F2G Super Corsair
1/48 Tamiya Do 335

Aug 1st-Sunday Dec 3rd 2017 - GB 35-Vietnam French/American War 1950-1975.

1/48 Eduard MiG-21
1/48 Eduard F6F

Nov 1st-Sunday Mar 4th 2018 - GB 36-Axis Manufacture Aircraft of WWII.

1/48 Eduard Fw 190D-9
1/48 Dragon Ta 152C
1/32 Hasegawa J2M
1/48 Meng Me 410
1/32 Tamiya A6M2

Don't have any helicopters, but that's so long away anyway.

Good stuff. I am rather less well-supplied and have many kits that will not fit into the remaining GBs. I'll be doing a lot more start-to-finish builds down the road

Yeah, with my track record I'm more than likely going to miss the odd one but it's nice to know I won't have to buy a kit if I want to get in on a GB. Though since when has that stopped me before?

I have too many to choose from for each of the remaining group builds except the helicopter one for which I only have 1 gyrocopter.
Really looking forward to the next GB. Planning on doing the same P-51 I did in GB#11 when it was in service with the Dominican republic in the 1950s. I'll have to make all the decals myself.

Thanks George but it's the Dominican republic national insignia and other markings that are specific to the aircraft. I don't think any of these are going to be commercially available. I've already been messing around on the computer and I've come up with something but it still need to be tweaked quite a bit.

The actual aircraft still exists and is on a post outside the Dominican republic's Air Force Base although not in exactly the same markings that I will be using.

Glenn, if this is the look you're after, they were in the Hobbycraft kit as well as for a couple other Latin American P-51s. If I recall, there were 4 different colored shark mouth markings, blue, red, black and yellow. I get home Tuesday night and I'll go through my decals.

135_7.jpg

If I find them and you want them, I'll blast them off to you.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back