New here.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you're accusing Me of being knowledgeable, you haven't been reading My posts.....
no claims of knowing a single thing from me.... :eek:.

I thought I knew a lot about WW11 aircraft but I can see I am a babe in the woods here. Now, if you want to talk shooting, casting, paper patching I am you man. By the way, I haven't seen anything about the f4u Corsair, one of my favorites.

Welcome. As you may have noticed, I rarely post but have found a wealth of information on this site. At 63 I pity the youngsters who can't remember when radial engines were common.

I'm the Psychic detective for the WW2aircraft.net Police Department. I can tell you are not quite crazy enough to be here, fortunately that can be fixed.

"Terry," he said with shock and dismay evident in his voice, "Hadrian gave you a free wall to keep the nasty Scotts out of Briton" And the #1 tourist attraction in northern England

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
That wall looks so effective! It'll probably keep out the majority of Scottish 1-4 year olds AND people who are afraid of stone walls.

Hello from jolly old England,
I'll let you into a little secret...I am the ONLY sane one on the forum.
The others are barking mad, mad as cheese or Swedish.
Welcome to the camp
Cheers
John

Since the today's wall was on many plots of private land the various owners sold the quarried stone for local building projects. Originally Hadrian's Wall was 117.5 km (73.0 mi) long its width and height were dependent on the construction materials which were available nearby. East of River Irthing, the wall was made from squared stone and measured 3 metres (9.7 ft) wide and five to six metres (16–20 ft) high, while west of the river the wall was made from turf and measured 6 metres (20 ft) wide and 3.5 metres (11.5 ft) high. This does not include the wall's ditches, berms and forts. The central section measured eight Roman feet wide (7.8 ft or 2.4 m) on a 10-foot (3.0 m) base.

Attachments

• Hadrianswallbluesky-3962.jpg
    Hadrianswallbluesky-3962.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back