New movie, "DunkirK

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Expect Hollywood to make it about a fictitious volunteer company of American soldiers who fend off the Germans so the British can escape to England, all while capturing an inigma machine with the help from a volumptuous French woman, with a romantic love making scene in a French Barn.

:D

Last edited:
I don't know...those soldiers in the last shot of the trailer looked to have pretty clean and starched uniforms that I wouldn't expect to see at Dunkirk..

Adler, since it was made before the U.K. referendum I am confident that it will show a group of friends who were only fighting because of nasty commies and public school boys.

Whatever it is I am certain that post war virtue signalling will trump historical facts.

Looking forward to it. So much has been written about Dunkirk that the truth about its miracle is often lost.

It is still a mystery to this day as to the identity of the officer who ordered preparations to be made for the registration and concentration of shipping from the 14 May.....days before any emergency actually existed and before any official request was sent out. without that 6 day head start, the miracle would never have occurred. Without that, the British would not have had the neccessary "little ships" needed to get the troops off the beaches and onto the waiting transports. The importance of the Moll cannot be overstated as well as the French rear guards and the defences at Boulogne, all of which gave vital time to get away.

one of the great myths was that goring was responsible for the halt of the heer. He had a role, but he wasn't even a key player in that decision. Mostly it was the OKH advisers and hitler himself, who fretted about the expected French riposte coming from the south. The RAF was hurting the LW, but the LW were getting through but just not able to inflict enough damage to stop the evacuation.

I don't know...those soldiers in the last shot of the trailer looked to have pretty clean and starched uniforms that I wouldn't expect to see at Dunkirk..
I don't know about starched (you can press BD [soap rubbed into the inside of the creases] but not advisable to starch it) but my father gathered his own platoon of strays and lead them to Dunkirk. He insisted that any joiners had to shave, clean themselves and have a weapon, accoutrements and ammunition. It reinforced discipline in reminding them that they might have become lost but they were still proper soldiers in a fighting army. A shame that, after keeping clean they marched down the quay in formation to be put on a grubby collier to land in Dover covered in coal dust.

I hope that the French Army gets shown defending the perimeter as well as being evacuated with the British and being returned to France to carry on the Battle of France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back