new plane! :D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
hehe here's my new plane! the Messerschmitt Me 262 Schwalbe!

just finished this honey up yesterday. this is the Messerschmitt Me 262 Schwalbe (which means Swallow in German) this was the very first operational jet fighter that Germany had developed to combat the Allies. unfortunately for them, and fortunately for us, the Jet arrived too late in the war to make much of a difference. I was actually surprised to see swastikas in the decals. but I was relieved, cos with my Bf 109G, I had to DRAW the swastika on. and I prefer my German planes to be historically accurate. but I found this model at a hobbyshop that JUST re-opened several months after the December 3rd, 2007 floods. I was happier than a tornado in a trailer park when I heard the Hobbyshop finally opened. XD but yeah, I was searching for a B-24J but stumbled across this, and bought it cos i couldn't find a proper B-24 model. I think the camo is effed up, but the overall construction looks fine. that lil white thing there is what's holding up the plane. the tail section's too heavy for it to stand up by itself. and those things with white tips beside the engines are rockets. they were optional. I thought it would look more menacing with rockets strapped to it rather than bombs.

the kit is 1:48 scale, made by Revell. the plane was made by the German Messerschmitt company.

Attachments

• Me 262 copy.png
    Me 262 copy.png
    358.8 KB · Views: 145
oh my lord, I NEVER thought of that! thank you so very much!!! I've got a couple fishing boxes in my shed out back! mayb I can fix this.

With tricycle landing gear models you will need a weight for the nose. Probably a small fishing sinker could do the trick. :)

Tricks of the trade.....Some of you guys modeling skills and work in amazing..Man the models I did in my younger days look like I used latex paint and glue finger prints all over..............:lol: :lol: :D

Looks great....

ok, all fixed! it took some smaller weights and one medium one to make it stand on its own. thank you again so much for the advice!!

I've had to do that trick several times when building P-61's, P-38's, etc. Once I tried filling the nose with model glue. It dissolved the nose!!!!

Oh, nice model Trebor.

I've had to do that trick several times when building P-61's, P-38's, etc. Once I tried filling the nose with model glue. It dissolved the nose!!!!

Oh, nice model Trebor.

LOL thank you, Thor! this'll be the main thing I do when doing all tri wheeled WWII aircraft XD and thanks for telling me that. otherwise I woulda done it! O_O;;

oh, and I noticed that the canopy is a little...strage. so I fixed that. the canopy was backwards. so yeah, I fixed that XD

thanks to your advice, this thing looks a LOT better! :D

haha thank you very much! I may be getting a little better. I'd be a lot better than I am now if I had some Mr. Surfacer and an airbrush! >_<;; I had to smear the glue on all the creases in order for the plane to look perfect. then again, what's perfect?

Hallo Trebor,

The model looks nice.:D The problem with standing on three points hasn't been caused by lack of some additional weight in its nose only.As I remembler the main problem is with the main landing gears.These are too long about two milimeters.I have to check it in my papers.

too long? I think it looks fine lol. but ok. Does anyone see anything wrong with the engines? I think one looks lopsided

Nice one,Trebor! The only thing I would question is the accuracy of that splinter camouflage scheme, but apart from that I think you did a great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back