New US Ambassador Caroline Kennedy arrives at Japan! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We have a pattern of potentially wiping out species,the first probably the buffalo. Then seafood. As a hunter the thought of proper game and wildlife management is extremely important to me,I would hate to see the next generations not being able to appreciate the nature that's out there. PS.hate poachers....

... and, Torch, she behaves as if nothing happened! :shock:

On 30th, Japanese families of abduction victims by North Korea visited the U.S. Embassy to meet with Ambassador Kennedy for an hour. Visited the Embassy, Shigeru and Sakiko, parents of a victim Megumi Yokota, requested Ambassador cooperation for early resolution of the abduction issue.
Prior to this meeting, Ambassador Kennedy met with State Minister Keiji Furuya who is in charge of the issue to confirm close ties between two countries towards solving problem, "we will work closely".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJq86ljgjkw

Video file: View attachment 52_On NK issue(14_01_30).mp4

Last edited:
Last edited:
On 7th, Governments of Japan and the United States agreed and signed the agreement to exchange online query information of fingerprints which are registered in both databases for investigation of serious crimes and prevention of terrorism.

This agreement is intended to answer automatically whether the fingerprints of a person asked are registered or not in database of the law enforcement authorities between Japan and the U.S. by online query when a person suspected of involvement in serious crimes like murder or terrorism was found or arrested.

National Police Agency of Japan owns almost 10 million fingerprints of the suspects arrested in database but criminal histories and names of persons who became non-prosecution disposal or innocent inmates are to be excluded from the subject of personal information to provide.

Agreement was asked not only Japan but other countries by the United States to continue traveling without visa after 9.11. National Police Agency and relating organizations will submit the bill to implement the agreement to the current Diet session.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeWZu1TybGQ

Video file: View attachment 54_Agreement(02_07_2014).mp4

Last edited:
In the morning on 12th, U.S. Ambassador Kennedy visited Okinawa for the first time after her taking office and met with Governor Nakaima. She confirmed the U.S. will continue to work towards the reduction of base burden on Okinawa. During the meeting, Ambassador suggested an idea to promote a new environmental agreement to complement the U.S-Japan Status of Forces Agreement.

Governor requested removal of the risk and operational halt of the Futenma base within five years as well as efforts to reduce the burden of base. As for the relocation of Futenma base issue, they did not comment. On the other hand, civil society organizations held a rally outside the prefectural government to appeal withdraw the Henoko relocation. On 13th, Ambassador is expected to visit Futenma base and Henoko of Nago City from the sky.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtvA2HXZoyk

Video file: View attachment 55_Okinawa(20140212).mp4

Last edited:
Yes, Okinawa people want no US base there as the national security issue is not their job :)
They were originally independent people under the name of Ryukyu Nation.
They had no tensions with China but friendship.

Last edited:
If you may spare 1 hour 32 minutes and 12 seconds, Torch, please watch this press conference video of new Mayor of Nago City in Okinawa at a local foreign correspondents club. He talks their minds honestly and you will be a very expert of Okinawa after watched.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEvduhICgYI

I will watch when I get a chance. The way things are going in the Pacific I'd rather see Japanese/US Navy ships on the horizon than Chinese ones. I will comment after I watch.Thanks.

Though this news has nothing to do with Caroline but the F-15.
Is such an accident as this possible? Wow :shock:

An Air Force F-15 fighter jet lost its canopy Tuesday morning during routine training off the coast of Okinawa, Japan, the 18th Wing at Kadena Air Base said. The aircraft landed without incident at Kadena, and there were no injuries. The cause of the incident was not immediately known, and base safety officials were investigating, according to the wing. U.S. aircraft based at Kadena regularly train over a vast stretch of ocean to the east of Okinawa. Last year, a F-15C jet fell into the sea in the Hotel-Hotel training zone, and the pilot safely ejected following mechanical problems.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxBjgW17Ci0

Video file: View attachment 58_F-15 fighter canopy(14_03_04).mp4

Last edited:
Thank you David :)

This is rare to see a F-15 flying with no canopy but I have hesitated to launch a new thread for it as few news source took it.
Current major event is in Ukraine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back