new zealand involvement in the vietnam war

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nonskimmer said:
A very interesting article. One never hears anything whatsoever of New Zealand's involvement in Vietnam.

Many Koreans there two - My brother told me he thinks he killed one - self defence!

I remember working with a vet back in the 80's who told me the Koreans were the single most effective counter-insurgency soldiers hes ever seen.

Brutally effective and they had a passionate hatred for anything communist.

FLYBOYJ said:
Many Koreans there two
Yeah, that I did know about. I used to have a book discussing the soldiers involved in Vietnam, but I swear it didn't mention New Zealanders. It wasn't a very comprehensive book anyway, as I recall. I think my dad bought it at a yard sale. I couldn't even tell you the title now.

syscom3 said:
I remember working with a vet back in the 80's who told me the Koreans were the single most effective counter-insurgency soldiers hes ever seen.

Brutally effective and they had a passionate hatred for anything communist.

Very true - they are brutal to the enemy and to each other.

No, they dressed in clown suits. "See, you guys are stupid. They're going to be looking for Army guys..."

I think they would have seen some 'casual observors' combat, yes. But don't tell anyone ...

plan_D said:
No, they dressed in clown suits. "See, you guys are stupid. They're going to be looking for Army guys..."

I think they would have seen some 'casual observors' combat, yes. But don't tell anyone ...

make the point more clearer on what guys are stupid plan d

Users who are viewing this thread