[email protected] few questions... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just one more question for now:
How do I make screen captures in IL-2, and where does the game save the pictures?
So far I've used PrtScrn + PS CS, and that's a bit cumbersome, to put it mildly. ;)
PrtScrn is the only way I know how to do it.
The screenshots are labeled grab0000.tga, grab0001.tga, etc.

Here is something that may work for you regarding screenshots.
Mission4Today ForumsPro IL-2 Sturmovik General Discussion It appears I can't take IL2 screenshots on a laptop...

Another good source of information regarding the sim is this site.
Full Mission Builder FMB Tutorials IL2 Sturmovik 1946
It really helps you understand how to use the Full Mission Builder.
Most of his tutorials are videos that are less than 5 minutes long.

Wheelsup

Glad you're getting the hang of it, and it looks like you're learning pretty quickly on how the stuff works!

As for the screenshots, they automatically go to the root folder of your game, for example: [drive]:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik\

So look in your game's root folder for files named grab0000.tga, grab0001.tga, etc.

The screenshot key is Print Screen, so you were correct by using that :)

I have to agree about the debris, falling parts, fuselages, bodies ruining a person's otherwise excellent mission! It's happened many times to me, and I'm sure it'll happen again :lol:

PrtScrn is the only way I know how to do it.
The screenshots are labeled grab0000.tga, grab0001.tga, etc.

Here is something that may work for you regarding screenshots.
Mission4Today ForumsPro IL-2 Sturmovik General Discussion It appears I can't take IL2 screenshots on a laptop...

Another good source of information regarding the sim is this site.
Full Mission Builder FMB Tutorials IL2 Sturmovik 1946
It really helps you understand how to use the Full Mission Builder.
Most of his tutorials are videos that are less than 5 minutes long.

Wheelsup

Thanks for the links, WUC. ;)

Glad you're getting the hang of it, and it looks like you're learning pretty quickly on how the stuff works!

As for the screenshots, they automatically go to the root folder of your game, for example: [drive]:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik\

So look in your game's root folder for files named grab0000.tga, grab0001.tga, etc.

The screenshot key is Print Screen, so you were correct by using that :)

I have to agree about the debris, falling parts, fuselages, bodies ruining a person's otherwise excellent mission! It's happened many times to me, and I'm sure it'll happen again :lol:

Aaaah! *brightens up noticeably*
Thanks for the reply, now I can hardly wait with the next game. :lol:

I thought of something else that may help you as you advance in your skills. :)

Some are streaming videos and others are .ntrks that you put in your "records" folder and watch like a .trk/.ntrk you recorded in game.
This is BBlokes homepage and he has several Il-2 videos for you to watch.
BBloke's IL2 Movie Database | Home

Training videos at BBlokes.
BBloke's IL2 Movie Database | IL2 Movie Database

Wheelsup

Les Wheelsup:
Thank you for the info and the links, that's something really useful, particularly now when Easy lvl seems to get a bit boring for me. ;)

Which is why I started making my own missions with the Full Mission Builder.... It takes some time to tweak things correctly, trial and error sorta sh!t, but in the end, ur missions are what u want, not someone elses idea...
I have to agree to a certain degree, but there's nothing like cruising on a CAP and have a flight of YaK-9s drop on ya' un expectedly!

I like the random challenges once in a while!

But then again, I've made some missions that are almost impossible to succeed in, too :lol:

Yep, long range shots are difficult. But not impossible. I will say though they are easier with me (and im sure with alot of other people) in the 109 due to the guns being close to centerline. With wing guns that converge, I couldnt hit the broad side of a barn past 400 meters.

On my Fw190A-8, I run 700m for my MG and 650m for my Cannon, on my Bf109G-2 (rarely fly any other variant) I have MG @ 600m and when I run pods, they're set to 550m.

My '262 is set up @ 500m

I'm set more for bomber killing, but in a close fight, you'd be amazed at the coverage I can generate on a target with that spread.

GG ain't kidding. I've seen that boy make some damn impressive shots with that setup. I, my self, am not that good or lucky, but GG can make it look easy.

Well I'm still working on my deflection shooting, and I want it to work.
It's a little too dangerous sneaking up behind the enemy, and then letting it rip just a few metres behind - the debris from the shot-up plane is...well, need I say more? ;) :lol:
Let it be sufficient to say right now, that all natural laws work just fine in the game, including gravity. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back