Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mahross

Airman
Jul 19, 2006
London
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Ross and I'm from Wolverhampton, UK. I completed a BA (Hons.) degree in War Studies and History at the University of Wolverhampton. In September 2006 I will be starting a Part-Time MA in British First World War Studies at the Centre for First World War Studies, The University of Birmingham, which I have to admit I am really looking forward to as John Bourne's course has recieved some great reviews. After that I hope to complete a PhD and go into Higher Education.

As to my interest they are 19th and 20th century military and politcal history. I have a particular interest in the development and use of air power. My honours project at university was on air power in the western desrt of WW2 and was entitled 'The Genesis of a Doctrine: the Rise of RAF Tactical Air Power in North Africa.' I have just completed a piece for Cross and Cockades Jim Walsh Young Writers Price of air power during the great war, 'Learning on the Job: British Air Power and the First World War.'

I am due to take up my first teaching post as a lecturer in History at Penwith College in Cornwall. I am also the founder and chairman of the newly forming Second World War Historical Society.

Ross:D

plz spell please without the z ;) see what i did there 8)

and you'll love Cornwall it's great down here, the Penzance area and mount's bay's particularly nice.........

Cheers guys. Sorry I haven't been back in awhile been busy witht eh Second World War Historical Society that I am setting up and preparing to move.

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back