Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle Seahawks

• Arizona Cardinals

• St. Louis Rams

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
That onside kick was a desperate gamble. If it had not worked the Saints might have not won. Big game changer.

I dont know if it was a desperate gamble. It was a gamble none the less. I believe that when the Saints pulled the onside kick, they changed the tempo of the game. It already helped with pulling manning out of the 2nd quarter only allowing him 6 plays. The onside kick was very smart in my opinion. No one saw it comming, the Saints recovered and managed to score off the recovery. It was a very big game changer though, and I agree with you there. Only I dont think it was desperate.

I dont know if it was a desperate gamble. It was a gamble none the less. I believe that when the Saints pulled the onside kick, they changed the tempo of the game. It already helped with pulling manning out of the 2nd quarter only allowing him 6 plays. The onside kick was very smart in my opinion. No one saw it comming, the Saints recovered and managed to score off the recovery. It was a very big game changer though, and I agree with you there. Only I dont think it was desperate.

According to post game interviews, the Saints had seen on film that the Colts had a tendency to bail out early on kickoffs - particularly on one side of the field. So much so that they practiced the onside kick every day of practice prior to the SB. Now maybe he's rationalizing the gamble after the fact, but Sean Payton said in interviews that he estimated that they had possibly a 70% chance of pulling it off. A gamble sure, but one that he thought he had a very high chance of pulling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back