NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on Denver. They are a team that requires a complete overhaul. Daniels started out well, and then completely screwed that team up.

Last edited:
I think I cried a few times during the Jets game......

Lets hope they played inspired against the Dolphins at home....please lord don't let us go 9-7....atleast 11 wins...

The Jets will be fine. Every team, no matter how good, will have a game where things just don't click and they run into a buzzsaw. The only part that puzzled me is they just showed no signs of life what so ever. There wasn't a 14 or 21 point run to make it respectable. No great defensive stop. Nothing.

McDaniels really did set the Broncos back in more ways than one, but especially with personnel decisions. Trading Cutler may turn out to be one of the worst trades in the history of the NFL. Some wag in the Denver Post said that Cutler may have been the first person to figure out the truth about McDaniels. McD is a poster child for the adage, "it is just as important to know what you don't know as it is to know what you do know". McD reminds me of another public figure.

Last edited:
Don't know about Cutler, flashes of brilliance then flashes of WTF?.Guys got a multitude of problems,health wise and booze wise. I think the biggest problem is or was the way McDaniels communicated to the rest of the world. He might end up one day if he grows up and dare i say be more diplomatic he might be a good coach. I watched many a game when Cutler just blew it ,also, his perceived attitude sucked. Who knows Joe Ellis is basically saying we dumped too much on a rookie coach. We will see............

McDaniels may and probably will ultimately turn out to be a decent head coach somewhere, IMO. However, right now, he is too young and arrogant, too immature and too inexperienced for that job. He may have had too much responsibility loaded on him by the Bronco organisation but I doubt he would have made it even without that overload.

As for Cutler, the guy has a tremendous amount of talent and could turn out to be one of the great ones. Those who have followed the Broncos need to remember that Elway, when he was first in the league was not the most disciplined player around. He gradually matured and be came a great QB. Cutler reminds me a lot of Elway except is a little faster runner, maybe not quite as strong an arm but has more "touch".

I was not aware he has an alcohol problem but that is a death sentence, if he does, with his diabetes. When he plays under control, relies on a running game and defense, he is very good. Just like Elway was. That is what coaches are for. Too get players to play within themselves and use their strengths wisely. Cutler seems to be doing that this year, in spite of a so so Chicago O Line.

Last Week: 12-4
Overall: 110-65

This Week:

Indianapolis Colts 31-14 Tennessee Titans
Buffalo Bills 14-13 Cleveland Browns
Atlanta Falcons 27-6 Carolina Panthers
Green Bay Packers 24-19 Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars 27-21 Oakland Raiders
New York Giants 23-20 Minnesota Vikings
Pittsburgh Steelers 27-24 Cincinnati Bengals
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23-17 Washington Redskins
New Orleans Saints 31-16 St Louis Rams
San Francisco 49ers 23-20 Seattle Seahawks
Denver Broncos 20-14 Arizona Cardinals
New England Patriots 27-25 Chicago Bears
New York Jets 26-13 Miami Dolphins
Kansas City Chiefs 20-17 San Diego Chargers
Philadelphia Eagles 17-9 Dallas Cowboys
Baltimore Ravens 27-16 Houston Texans

Last edited:

Should be an interesting game when the Steelers beat the Steelers!
I'm sure you meant Pitt 27 - 24 Cincinatti

Should be an interesting game when the Steelers beat the Steelers!
I'm sure you meant Pitt 27 - 24 Cincinatti

Nah man, he had it right the first time. The Steelers play the Steelers. Pittsburgers wouldn't know the difference. Not the brightest group in the State of Pa.

1. MNF game in Minnesota had to moved to Detroit. The dome collapsed after a heavy snow storm.

Here is some video footage from inside the stadium. Thank god nobody was in the stadium at the time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyLX2hY7E0

2. GB QB Aaron Rodgers left the game with a concussion. Green Bay lost 7-3. Might not be good for GB's playoff hopes.

3. Typical 49ers game right now.

Alex Smith sucks for the most part (Yeah he had a nice TD pass to Davis though), and the secondary sucks. Seattle can throw at will on us, every receiver is wide open.

For all of Alex Smith's faults, the 49ers are ahead 27-7 right now, and we just intercepted Hasselbeck for the 2nd time and have the ball on the 11 yard line.

Edit: Make it 30-7...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread