NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem to me Harrison is Sanchez.I can not remember the exact stat but his interceptions is killin the team.You go look at Brady's only 4 I's all year :shock: Brees I think had 11 in 09 in regular season(not so good this year) it's all about the mental part of the game/confidence.I think as a young QB he has not developed the confidence part yet when he gets in a slump(time/tenure).For proof of that go look @ Brady,Farve,Manning and Brees they get right back on that horse.Then if you're right about the play calling :dontknow:

True but it could be worse...we could be 5-8........and could have a crappy QB by the first name Alex...not referencing any team in general...just a 'hypothetical' scenario. :lol:

Its okay my friend. My team has enough history for me to be proud of (i.e. 5 Super Bowls, how many do the Jets have?) and 2 decades of being one of the top teams in the league.

We will rebound, very soon...

It is easy to talk when you are winning (Ryan knows about that), it is also easy to fall real hard and very quick. ;)

Either way I would rather be a fan of an 0-16 49er team than a Jets fan...;)

Last edited:
I think the number one demise of the Jets right now is there running game. I love LT, but he is showing his age and signs of overuse in San Diego. Shawn Green is showing he may not be quite as good as people thought. Plus there O-line is banged up, which obviously doesn't help. If you have a rookie or 2nd year QB, what is the best thing for him to gain confidence? Answer: have a running game to take the pressure off him to perform.

Examples:

Troy Aikman: Rookie year = SUCKED A$$. They got Emmitt and a huge O-line and he was able to relax and develope. Result = 3 Super Bowl wins

Ben Rothlesburger: Rookie year = not bad and won the Super Bowl. But his stats were not spectacular and sucked in the SB, but the Steelers had a very good running game and a fantastic defense so Ben didn't have to do it himself. Result = 2 Super Bowl wins

Payton Manning: His rookie year he threw 28 interceptions and 25 TD's. They got a good (not exceptional) running game and some terrific receivers and I think Payton turned out ok. Result = 1 Super Bowl win and lost in another one.

Eli Manning: IMO, he is a slightly above average QB at best, but he has always had a very good running attack and one of the best defenses in the league, which takes huge amounts of pressure off him. Result = 1 Super Bowl win

Well we one a superbowl...once I think....:lol:

Its the offense in general. The Line isn't giving Sanchez enough time and when they do Sanchez is too indecisive and gets sacked. I hope they can pull out of their tailspin. Also, the run game could take off if the Schottenheimer (whose a failure just like his dad...) could start playing friggin NFL football and not high school. When you have no run game its not the best decision to run and option play with a wide receiver at QB on 4th and 1......the O Line has many holes opening up that LT and Shonn Greene are just plain missing. I dont expect it to get much better with the Steelers D.....but it the Steelers corners have proven they are not elite. Polamalu is picking up their slack. The Bills game a simple in out and the receiver dropped the game winner. I hope the offense has a bright spot....

And the plot thickens. Alosi's suspension has turned from rest of the season to indefinitely:

Jets suspend Alosi indefinitely for ordering wall.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)—The New York Jets suspended assistant coach Sal Alosi indefinitely Wednesday after he acknowledged that he ordered five inactive players to form a wall along the sideline for a punt return, during which he tripped a Miami Dolphins player.

General manager Mike Tannenbaum said Wednesday that Alosi, the team's strength and conditioning coach, did not initially volunteer during the investigation Monday that he told players to stand that way.

"As we continued our investigation, we discovered some new information," Tannenbaum said in a conference call from the NFL owners meetings in Dallas, "and the players at the Miami game were instructed by Sal to stand where they were to force the gunner in the game to run around them."

Tight end Jeff Cumberland(notes), who was inactive Sunday, said it was nothing new for the players to line up next to each other as they did against the Dolphins.

"Since the beginning of the year, we've been instructed to line up behind the (white) line," he said, adding that it was only Alosi who has told them to do so.

Coach Rex Ryan and special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff both have denied they ordered anyone to do what Alosi told the players.

Jets suspend Alosi indefinitely for ordering wall - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

That shows some of the character of the team Chris and it does not look that good ATM.When an underling does such I always think the leader has exhibited that it's OK,it could be a good quality the leader exudes are a bad one.

Alright so he gets suspended? Can't do anything to the players who formed the wall :)

Every team does it he just was a dumba$$ and tripped the guy. The press conference was all girls who should've stayed at home painting their nails. Their stories may mean something to a person who knows nothing about football. But seeing no further action can be taken against the players it means nothing. F*CK the media.

Alright so he gets suspended? Can't do anything to the players who formed the wall :)

Every team does it he just was a dumba$$ and tripped the guy. The press conference was all girls who should've stayed at home painting their nails. Their stories may mean something to a person who knows nothing about football. But seeing no further action can be taken against the players it means nothing. F*CK the media.

Yeah but as javlin pointed out, it really does hurt the character of the team.

Watching the 49er/Chargers game.

All I have to say:

Clements sucks! Secondary Sucks. All the Chargers have to do is put it up in the air and they will win.

And my picks before I forget:

Last Week: 13-3
Overall: 123-71

And this week:

San Diego Chargers 27-20 San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints 23-20 Baltimore Ravens
Carolina Panthers 21-20 Arizona Cardinals
Cincinnati Bengals 30-10 Cleveland Browns
Washington Redskins 23-20 Dallas Cowboys
Indianapolis Cots 27-24 Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins 23-17 Buffalo Bills
Philadelphia Eagles 24-21 New York Giants (OT)
Kansas City Chiefs 27-16 St Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 23-15 Detroit Lions
Houston Texans 23-16 Tennessee Titans
Atlanta Falcons 30-7 Seattle Seahawks
Oakland Raiders 27-10 Denver Broncos
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-14 New York Jets
New England Patriots 23-20 Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears 24-14 Minnesota Vikings

Last edited:
The strength coach is a leader? Good one.........

You did not get what I was saying Harrison or I did not communicate it properly.If a #2,3 or 4 guy does something unethical then he learned it was OK from #1 he's the leader and sets the bar.Maybe thats is clear enough.Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back