NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha but its the fact everyone tells you its a game and then when you team wins it 'gives a city a reason to believe'

Yeah Kolb would be good but Vince Young is out there now too, not sure how he fits in just another though

All the AFC matchups are division games

I don't care for Young. I do not think he would be a good fit at all. I like Kolb and I also really like Orton but I don't believe that Denver will be willing to trade him. Vernon Davis has said he would like to have Orton throwing the ball to him.

Well Ihave been thinking about who is going to the SB and .........it sounds like a long shot.....Packers and the Jets.I am picking teams that have lost in there last Match Up's for they will make a better adjustment.I know that the Patriots have been hitting on all eight but something is happening out there?

Very excited for next year's 49ers season. Happy Harbaugh has the entire off season to prepare and make changes for next year. Looking forward to good things!

Rex shied away from his usual get after the QB against Peyton. He learned that the best think to do to an elite QB like that is drop everyone in coverage and make him find someone. On downs he'd have the back up Safties and Cornerbacks in at linebackers which confused Manning.

I hope it works against the Patriots and I'm a fan so I have to believe in my team. It may not match up well but gotta have faith!!

Yeah, I'd rather have Orton or Kolb. But what will you have to give up to get them?

Here is another thought though. They will most likely take a QB in this years draft so who would they take? Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Mallett, or Jake Locker. I'd say even money on the 1st two. If it was me, I'd take Cam or Ryan. Blaine is a stud, but his work ethic sucks. If they decide to trade for or pick up a free agent QB, they will draft a CB (which they DESPARATELY need) and will take Prince Amukamara.

Something else that would really help is Champ Bailey said he is tired of all the crap in Denver and is a free agent this summer. Put Champ on one side and Prince on the other or have Champ play safety (which he wants to do anyway) SWEET!!!!

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Key for the Jets is ball control. They must be able to run and sustain long time consuming drives against the Pats. Best way to beat Brady is the way they beat Peyton, keep him on the sidelines.

The Pats are going to score against the Jet D, Jets have to minimize the Patriot possessions.

Jets have a chance, but they're facing a better team, a far better coach and IMO, a better QB than they faced last week.

J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

TO

Mallet has "issues" - work ethic, personality etc just like Gabbert and I don't see Newton translating his game to the NFL. Cam strikes me as a Vince Young at BEST and a JaMarcus Russell at worst. Locker had a terrible year so it's tough to tell whether 2009 was a fluke for him or not.

I'm gonna be the first to say this....Now that Cromartie is chipping in on the talking Brady is gonna target him and be successful. Its likely we will loose.

But still will root for my team

If Cam's career, at best, is Vince Young, that would be ok by me and here is why. Vince is a winner. Just look at his record and it's not like the Titan's are a team loaded with talent. His biggest issue (outside of being a mental midget) is inconsistancy throwing the ball.

Harbaugh can get in there and mentor / tutor Cam so he doesn't have breakdown like Vince did. Harbaugh is a great coach coming out of the college atmosphere so he can relate to Cam. He has too much upside to pass on him, plus at 6'-6" 260 pounds, he is bigger than Vince (but not as fast) so I wouldn't be as concerned with him running the ball.

My picks for this weekends games:

Baltimore Ravens 17-14 Pittsburgh Steelers (Just have a feeling...)
Green Bay Packers 23-20 Atlanta Falcons
Chicago Bears 23-14 Seattle Seahawks (I would rather have the Seachickens win though)
New England Patriots 30-23 New York Jets

And just to add for my fellow 49er fans out there.

It seems that Harbaugh has been able to get Greg Roman and Vic Fangio to follow him from Stanford to be our Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator. Starting to get interesting...

Last edited:

IMO, Newton is not as NFL ready as Vince Young was, and he can neither throw as well or move as well in the pocket as Young. He reminds me of a bigger Tibow, but doesn't impress me as much over his college career.

I suspect none of those guys will be first round draft picks, depends on what happens with Young, Kolb/Vick, McNabb, Leinart, Quinn, etc - all have beetter passing and recognitions skills and experience.

For example - Carolina and Arizona are in desparate need, San Franciso has two QB's that are arguably better than anyone in the draft this year - and after that I can not think of a single franchise that is desparate enough to pay 30-50MM four one of the 2011 'top Qb's' over any of the vets I just mentioned.

With our boy from Stanford not coming out - qb is as weak as I have seen it in a long time quality wise..

Looks like Dallas pulled the trigger on Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator - which I believe will be a good move - at least as good as Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread