NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Cow-idiots hired Jason "Red Jesus" Garrett.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

My prediction for his career

2010 - Took over for Wade Phillips and had a decent run of 5-3
2011 - Will have success due to a cupcake schedule. 11-7 (remember 18 game schedule now) May make playoffs with a 1st round loss.
2012 - Things aren't so great now as the schedule just got harder. 10-8. Miss the playoffs
2013 - Hey, doing this isn't so easy anymore. 7-11. No playoffs
2014 - Team quits on him 5-13. Terminated.

If they can't keep Romo healthy, you can add 2 more losses to each year.

I am actually very pleased that Jones didn't succomb to the 'hire a retreard' move or take a huge chance on an assistant that has zero time actually being responsible for the whole team, especially when they just tanked their schedule. I think Minnesota and Dallas both made the right choice.

Next hurdle - defensive co-ordinator and defensive philosophy going forward. A 4-3 won't work with these guys

Next hurdle - great OL free agent and either an all pro safety or a draft pick that can start right away. The Cowboy safeties were hung out to dry because Ball just doesn't have the instincts..

Next hurdle - see if McGee can improve rapidly and see if they can get something for Barber and or Choice.. I predict they may draft a safety, a RB and an OL in first three picks depending on Free Agency pick ups.

Well here we go. Wildcard Weekend is kicking off.

My picks for this weekend:

New Orleans Saints 31-14 Seattle Seahawks
Indianapolis Colts 28-27 New York Jets
Green Bay Packers 27-24 Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens 21-17 Kansas City Chiefs

I am beginning to think the Seachickens want it more than the Saints. The Saints certainly underestimated Seattle, and the 12th man is really helping them today.

They did what Chris?!?!?!?!!

Yeah unfortunately we will have to listen to Ryan's arrogant BS for another week. Nothing against your team, I think they are a great young group of players (except for Revis, I think he is overrated, good player, but not all he is cracked up to be), but your coaching staff is terrible.

Ryan and the Jets will not make it past New England next week.

Well you said that about this week too.

The Colts are not New England who will also be playing at home. Remember the 45-3...;)

Manning almost beat you guys and he is their whole team right now. What do you expect New England which is a much better team to do. Brady and New England will prevail.

I am sure Brady did not like what Ryan said about him either. After next week, Ryan's players will be telling him to shut his damn mouth.

Year of Redemption for the Eagles....

Eagles v Packers (revenge for season opener) win!

then likely Eagles vs Bears ( redemption for earlier loss) win!

then Eagles vs Atlanta (revenge for Vick) win

then win in Superbowl against NE for the loss in 2004!!

ohhhh, I'm a dreamer!! :)

I sure as hell did not! I am real glad though. Made my day to see the Saints get beat like that. The only thing that can make this day better is for the Colts to send the arrogant Rex Ryan back home crying.

It's called lack of DEFENSE!! geezz!The Saints could of had that game but they did not deserve it.Nobody has scored 41pts all season I think the highest was 32-34?Also when you have a QB throwing consistently between 40-60passes p/game you have a run problem issue.The law of avgs. catches up with you in interceptions.Honestly I thought they would have Seattles number but they would not make it pass Chicago or the Packers which ever it seems.

The Colts are not New England who will also be playing at home. Remember the 45-3...;)

Manning almost beat you guys and he is their whole team right now. What do you expect New England which is a much better team to do. Brady and New England will prevail.

I am sure Brady did not like what Ryan said about him either. After next week, Ryan's players will be telling him to shut his damn mouth.

Hey, we have a vocal coach, who cares? He wants to win and so far has put his money where his mouth is. Your head coach was vocal to, yelling at troy smith like a 2 year old on the sidelines.

Our players buy in to his bravado and they win. But your the one saying Manning could pull anyone out of the crowd and make him look good and then you make it an excuse when the Colts loose. Well, if the Seahawks beat the Saints we have just a good of a chance as anyone.

I will say though I'm extremely excited to see the Saints go home. All the BS about getting a city back on their feet when they won and giving the city a reason to believe.

Makes me point my finger and laugh everytime I see that commercial :rolleyes:

Hey, we have a vocal coach, who cares? He wants to win and so far has put his money where his mouth is. Your head coach was vocal to, yelling at troy smith like a 2 year old on the sidelines.

Our players buy in to his bravado and they win. But your the one saying Manning could pull anyone out of the crowd and make him look good and then you make it an excuse when the Colts loose. Well, if the Seahawks beat the Saints we have just a good of a chance as anyone.

1. Chill the **** out and stop taking it so personal.

2. What excuses have I made? I have made no excuses for Manning or the Colts. They lost.

3. Your coach is an arrogant *******. Note I am talking about him, not you. So I will return to point number one...

Chill out and stop taking it personal. It is football and fans talk **** about each others teams (especially those that they do not like or in this case an arrogant coach that I do not like). It is nothing against you, so chill out!

Jesus, everyone gets their panties in a wad about stupid ****!

I am chill?

This is what I mean

Manning could take fans out of the bleachers and make them look like All Pros.

And Revis held Reggie Wayne, Reggie Wayne to 1 catch for 1 yard. Thats not overrated.

I wasn't taking it personal either I was just stating that that is what the team does. Yes I admit he's arrogant but if he's proving not really a problem.

My apologies....I'm just defending my team that gets bashed by everyone except ToughOmbre on this board :D

Last edited:
My apologies....I'm just defending my team that gets bashed by everyone except ToughOmbre on this board :D

That my friend is the world of fan **** talking. This forum is tame compared to what it is like when the guys get together at the sports bar. We become down right brutal with one another. Of course after the fact we are all still friends. That is just sport.

So don't worry about it, just have fun and enjoy your team. Who cares what others think of your team. If I worried what people thought about the 49ers, I would be in a pretty sad state...:lol:

except for Revis, I think he is overrated, good player, but not all he is cracked up to be.

You're kidding, right? The vast majority of football experts would strongly disagree with your opinion. Just look at the Jet game logs/stats the last two years to see how he has shut down the best receivers in the league on a consistent basis.

but your coaching staff is terrible.

They're 23-12 overall, including 3-1 in the post season as a group in only their second year as a coaching staff. What's so terrible about that?

TO

That my friend is the world of fan **** talking. This forum is tame compared to what it is like when the guys get together at the sports bar. We become down right brutal with one another. Of course after the fact we are all still friends. That is just sport.

So don't worry about it, just have fun and enjoy your team. Who cares what others think of your team. If I worried what people thought about the 49ers, I would be in a pretty sad state...:lol:

:lol: True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back