NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe the Vikes won.

NJACO .... back in 1979, when I was living in Minnesota, I saw the Vikes play the Eagles at the old Met Stadium the morning after a blizzard. About 8" of snow on the ground (clear on the field of course) the stands, the parking lot and the roads. But the two teams still played. Real mans football. No wussies, LOL.

Who remembers Ron Jaworski? Wilbert Montgomery? Harold Carmichael?

Who remembers Ron Jaworski? Wilbert Montgomery? Harold Carmichael?

oh, I do!!!

Herman Edwards, Bill Bergey, Tony Franklin ( bare foot)......

I'm surprised the way they played last night that they actually made a touchdown not to mention two!!

Yeah read that earlier.

Rumors have it the Niners are looking at Mike Holmgren. He is currently the President of the Browns, but wants back on the sidelines. San Francisco is his home and he was a QB Coach and Offensive Coordinator during the Niner glory days. Would be interesting to see him coach the Niners I think.

Dick Vermeil, Mike Holmgren, Bill Parcels - all coaches that took separate teams and won it once but not with another team. Interesting odds. No coach has won a Superbowl with two separate teams.

ViQueenies looked pretty good last night. If it weren't for missed interceptions it would have been a bigger win. Joe Webb looked pretty good for a rookie, has a ways to go yet to be an everyday starter IMO.
In my opinion I think Sir Brett Favre should bow out gracefully this week and let Joe Webb start the last game of the season, but I don't think that's in Favre's makeup.

Dick Vermeil, Mike Holmgren, Bill Parcels - all coaches that took separate teams and won it once but not with another team. Interesting odds. No coach has won a Superbowl with two separate teams.

Who is talking about winning a Super Bowl?

I just want to get back to the playoffs and some respect.

ViQueenies looked pretty good last night. If it weren't for missed interceptions it would have been a bigger win. Joe Webb looked pretty good for a rookie, has a ways to go yet to be an everyday starter IMO.
In my opinion I think Sir Brett Favre should bow out gracefully this week and let Joe Webb start the last game of the season, but I don't think that's in Favre's makeup.
Joe Webb besides the missed TD pass to Peterson looked dam good. He has real potential. Very mobile too.

Tavaris Jackson is probably banging his head against the wall right now because Webb will get the start next year over him, if he is still there.

Chris, you don't want herm Edwards as a coach. I sat through all the Jets 6-10 and 4-12 seasons with that @$$hole....he lead us to the championship game once and did a pretty poor job of coaching it. And tahts because we had about the easiest schedule at the time. You won't get respect with Edwards. He's like singeltary good player, bad coach.

Last edited:
Joe Webb besides the missed TD pass to Peterson looked dam good. He has real potential. Very mobile too.

Tavaris Jackson is probably banging his head against the wall right now because Webb will get the start next year over him, if he is still there.

Chris, you don't want herm Edwards as a coach. I sat through all the Jets 6-10 and 4-12 seasons with that @$$hole....he lead us to the championship game once and did a pretty poor job of coaching it. And tahts because we had about the easiest schedule at the time. You won't get respect with Edwards. He's like singeltary good player, bad coach.

I want Holmgren for coach. I am going to start selling Holmgren for coach t-shirts.

No talk about that Monday Night game Hhmmmmnnn:dontknow:That was a tough defensive battle that night.I think I saw a totally different team hit the field after Bree's interception of determination and "We will win this Game" the SB team of last year.;)Cheers

I remember the first NFL game I ever saw was in the summer of 1952 in San Antonio, Texas. It was an exhibition game and one team was the old Dallas Texans. I don't remember the other team. Our high school coach took the team to see the game with complimentary tickets. The Texans had a back named Buddy Young ( I think) who had played at Illinois. He was really good. They also had a D lineman named Andy Robustelli who wasn't bad:) They lasted only a little while in Dallas and then moved to Baltimore and became the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back