NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll see which of my steeler teams shows up...the first half team or the second half team...

Go Steelers!!!!

IMO, the Jets are just like the New York Knicks. A bunch of trash talking, undisciplined punks. I'm not saying the Steelers are going to walk all over them as it should be a good game, I just hope Troy Polamalu takes Braylon Edwards head off.

If they start yapping about the Steelers, all they have to do it point to all the Lombardi trophies. Our 6 to your 1 from 40 years ago.

Attachments

• steelers-super-bowl-rings.jpg
    steelers-super-bowl-rings.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 341
Thor I dont give a dam what we say.

If we can back it up then no problem.

Take Edwards head off fine, we still have Holmes and Cotchery at WR, Our KR Smith is coming back, LT and Shonn Greene.

It was emotional for the Jets since no one gave them a chance.

Mike Francesa (biggest anti Jet out there) said the Jets have no chance. He's our b*tch now.

The playoffs have been interesting. Yesterday both Bears and Jets seemed to relax a little early and let the opponents catch up a little. All four teams left have very good defenses (surprise!) and very good Qbs. Right now, Aaron Rodgers may be playing the best of any Qb in the NFL. Cutler probably has more athletic ability than any Qb in the playoffs but if he keeps running with the abandon he showed on Sunday he will get hurt. The weather next Sunday will play a role in the games.

Thor I dont give a dam what we say.

If we can back it up then no problem.

Take Edwards head off fine, we still have Holmes and Cotchery at WR, Our KR Smith is coming back, LT and Shonn Greene.

It was emotional for the Jets since no one gave them a chance.

Mike Francesa (biggest anti Jet out there) said the Jets have no chance. He's our b*tch now.

We? You play for the Jets? heh heh. Just kidding. Hey, congrats to them winning because no doubt they played the better game. I just hate trash talking in the media, from ANY sport. I don't like how the Jets carry themselves (or should I say, certain players and their coach. Not all of them of course.). I don't like the Knicks, I didn't like the Detroit Pistons when they were the "Bad Boys", I didn't like the Spurs back in the 70's when they were the "Bruise Brothers".

Like the Cowidiots of the early 90's. They didn't do a bunch of stupid talking in the media (on the field it's a different story - Michael Irvin). They just went out and beat your tail. OMG! Did I just defend the Cowfarts? I need more coffee.

Just show some class is all.

Agreed, well I hate (I never admitted it till now) they're backing it up so far.

Itd kinda be ironic if the Jets won the superbowl since Rex Ryans dad was an assistant on the Jets when they won superbowl 3.

IMO, the Jets are just like the New York Knicks. A bunch of trash talking, undisciplined punks.

But who happen to have one of the best defenses and one of the best young QBs in the league. (Note: Sanchez tied the all time record for most road playoff wins (4) in NFL history! Not bad for a 2nd year, 24 year old QB!)

The off the field trash talk means nothing. I only care about what happens in the 120 x 53 yard rectangle.

And Thor, they looked pretty disciplined yesterday, where it counts, on the field!

But it's gonna be World War III in Pittsburgh next Sunday, and all those previous rings ain't gonna help you once the game starts!

May the best team win!

TO

So as long as a team wins, it does not matter if they have class?

What is sports coming to?

Like I said, I don't care about the off field stuff, the trash talking, etc. I don't even pay attention to it. What happens on the field during the game is what counts. I didn't see any cheap shots, late hits, or even any Jets getting in any of the Patriot's faces during the game. And I had no problem with them celebrating on the field AFTER the game.

"Class" is very subjective term when applied to a team.

Is Pittsburgh classless because of their QB's disgraceful sexual assaults against young women?

TO

All good points. Lets see.....

@ Harrison - I didn't know Buddy was an assistant on the SBIII team. Interesting.

@TO - Agreed, they looked very good and it will be a war this weekend! I can't wait for it.

@Adler - Agreed 100%

@TO - I can't stand what Ben did. But like Vick, he was punished and deserves a 2nd chance. Class is actually easy to define (from my perspective anyway). Act like a professional. Act like you have been there before. Stop the me-me-me, look at me, what about me, attitude. Don't act like your above everything and rules/laws don't apply to you.

Since I have previously stated that I don't care about all the extra-curricular stuff that revolves around the Jets, and with just about every team in the league, the rest of my comments with regard to the NFC and AFC title games will be FOOTBALL ONLY! :)

TO

Is Pittsburgh classless because of their QB's disgraceful sexual assaults against young women?

TO

No Pittsburgh did not condone the actions of Rothelsberger and even punished him. They even discussed trading him away (I don't think that was really serious though).

The Jets coaching staff set the tone for the actions of their players. Very unprofessional and without any Class. Until that changes, I hope they never get a Super Bowl ring.

What I am saying however, does not go for just the Jets. It goes for any team out there.

I guess I remember when Football was more about the sport. Teams had class. The players are role models whether they want to be or not. Acting like a bunch of pimply faced teenage kids is not the way to go about it.

This just in.......

The NFL confirms that Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has filed his retirement papers........

NFL.com news: Favre files retirement papers with NFL after 20 seasons

TO

Great news.

I hear he is going to go into the Meth business! :lol:

Last edited:
No Pittsburgh did not condone the actions of Rothelsberger and even punished him. They even discussed trading him away (I don't think that was really serious though).

yeah it was actually seriously considered. there were rumors here in the burg had him gone. the rooneys really dont put up with that kind of crap. look at how many players were quietly traded or let go after run ins with the law or the press showing up at their home because they roughed up a wife or girl friend. they might have given him a reprieve but but my bet is one more F U and no matter haw many rings he has he's gone.

the steelers have the ability to win this week but never underestimate their proclivity to shot themselves in the foot. they have stole defeat from the jaws of victory on many occasions. i sincerely hope that doesnt happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back