NFL 2010 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Pittsburgh did not condone the actions of Rothelsberger and even punished him. They even discussed trading him away (I don't think that was really serious though).

The Jets coaching staff set the tone for the actions of their players. Very unprofessional and without any Class. Until that changes, I hope they never get a Super Bowl ring.

What I am saying however, does not go for just the Jets. It goes for any team out there.

I guess I remember when Football was more about the sport. Teams had class. The players are role models whether they want to be or not. Acting like a bunch of pimply faced teenage kids is not the way to go about it.

Great news.

I hear he is going to go into the Meth business! :lol:

:lol: about the Meth thing..

but, apparently Pittsburgh thinks that smoking pot is worse than raping someone. The let Holmes go but you know what I'm glad. He's been a huge asset to our team. Rex is a players coach though and they like that.

Agree with BobbySocks. I work with a couple guys from Pittsburgh and they said exactly what Bobby said. The Rooney's don't play that game. The ONLY thing that kept Ben there was his status as a 2 time superbowl champ. One more F up and it's bye-bye Ben. And Pittsburgh, as a city, was done with him. He lost a bunch of endorsements and $$millions$$ because of his actions.

Think that any one of the final four can win the Super Bowl.

The four teams left are the four best defenses in the league, IMO.

The four QBs are all playing well, although Rogers is playing on the highest level.

Excellent coaching on all four teams.

And the opening point spreads reflect it.....Packers -3 @ the Bears, Jets +3 @ the Steelers.

TO

on any given sunday any team can win despite their record. i have seen teams have those games where nothing goes right...the ball and all the luck goes to the opponents. where a team just gets into a bad groove that they cant recover...the QB has his one bad day for the year, unfortunately its on a game that COUNTS. you always hope for the sake of a great game that everyone is in top form and its a great match with brilliant plays...but that isnt always the case.

on a side note: my personal feeling is a great team will get into the play offs and through the first round by virtue of talent and luck alone. but the deeper the rounds go the more coaching decisions enter into the final outcome.

on a side note: my personal feeling is a great team will get into the play offs and through the first round by virtue of talent and luck alone. but the deeper the rounds go the more coaching decisions enter into the final outcome.

And Belichick, as great a coach as he is, made some bad ones yesterday. The 1st challenge and the fake punt come to mind.

TO

On the "second chance" discussions, Michael Irvin had 2+, Ben involved in TWO sex assault issues not just one and Michael Vick went down for not only sponsoring dog fights but incidentally hung 'losers' from meat hooks. He (Vick) needs to dangle from one for a day or two before he gets my 'redemption vote'.

What it shows is that box office draws are more equal than 'others' - Rooney' included.

I found this hilarious...

Attachments

• Jets.jpg
    Jets.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 137
What it shows is that box office draws are more equal than 'others' - Rooney' included.

as for box office draws.... the steelers have sold out every home game since 1972. if they kicked ben out on his butt....they would still continue to sell out. so i dont know how much more the rooneys would make. my proof...you couldnt find a cheap seat even when cordel stewart or bubby were at the helm. :shock:

as for box office draws.... the steelers have sold out every home game since 1972. if they kicked ben out on his butt....they would still continue to sell out. so i dont know how much more the rooneys would make. my proof...you couldnt find a cheap seat even when cordel stewart or bubby were at the helm. :shock:

It's all about 'win baby win'.. Holmes was an interchangable part - Ben is not...otherwise pot deemed more serious than rape and sexual assault.

Ben is a thug, Vick is a thug - both belong in jail and out of the NFL. Period. Ditto for Irvin back in the day along with several other Cowboys - and I am a Cowboy fan.

Last edited:
And Ike Taylor from the STEELERS starts the talking. The Pitt secondary are two average corners with one very good saftey. McFadden and taylor are ok and Gay is terrible.

BUT, I think the media is just trying to get the Jets to start talking :lol:

Ike Taylor: I'll Lay Santonio Holmes Out
By FanHouse Staff

Ike Taylor apparently didn't get the memo that this week's matchup between the Steelers and Jets isn't personal.

A week after the NFL warned teams that any trash talking before games would be considered when judging discipline for illegal hits, Taylor spoke about former Steeler teammate Santonio Holmes, who will be playing his former team for the second time this season.

Though Taylor said he's still friends with Holmes, he said he is going to "try to be as disrespectful as possible" when the teams take the field, saying, "friendship doesn't enter into it then."

"I'm not going to hesitate to lay him out," Taylor said. "No question at all. You know why? Because he ain't going to hesitate to crack on me if he gets a chance.

George: Game Is Personal for Holmes, Whether He Admits it or Not

Earlier in the week, Holmes downplayed the matchup.

"I think the personal game is out the way. I got a chance to beat them the first time around," he said in reference to the 22-17 Jets win over the Steelers in Week 15.

"This time it means everything for the team, for the organization ... I don't care about the Steelers right now. Those guys are in my team's way. We have one goal -- to win the Super Bowl."

"Everything personal, will happen two, three weeks after," he continued. "If we win the Super Bowl, then everything is personal, that's a slap back in those guy's face for trading me. For right now, that's not even a focus of mine."
-- NFL FanHouse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back