NFL 2014 Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 49ers front office is making a big mistake by notfiring the GM and keeping Harbaugh.

Dark days will be upon us.
I am afraid you are all too right Chris!

It all starts with the coach! Good, winning coaches are hard to come by. The Pats do not win every season, I think most 49ers fans are still living in the glory days of the 80's, and if the team has a mediocre season like the current one, than it's time to fire the coach because "the 49ers only win Super Bowls!". Same thing happened in the late 90's with Mariucci! He was a good coach too, had a rough season or two, and was let go. It took from Mariucci's firing until Harbaugh to get a coach that righted the ship. I think they are making a huge mistake! I do not believe there has been another coach that has been as successful in his first 4 seasons.

I also am all for letting Crabtree go to free agency. IMO, he is a mediocre receiver at best! The WR's are the 49ers are offensively weakest at. If i wasn't for Boldin, the 49ers would have lost more games this year.
But I will be rooting for them next year, fan through and thin, for better or worse, richer or poorer...

Last edited:
well - the last time the Cowboys went to Green Bay for a playoff game it was a classic - but the Cowboys lost. This team has a better run game and a better (slightly) QB but a worse defense.

It should be a close game.

After 2007 the Cowboy Defense pretty well sucked and basically had an average to below average running game after Marion Barber faded out. This is the first time he has had a Great running game and the first for the Cowboys since free agency broke up the 1992-1995 super bowl lines.

So, no, Rodgers is a slightly better QB - but better. This is also the second time since 2011 that Romo has had to play with broken ribs/back which usually puts a QB at a disadvantage. He has had significant to major issues every week since the first Redskin game. Folks have a tendency to forget how many games Tony Romo has been <100% (including knocked out for the season with broken collarbone) in the last 5 years.

Sorry Bill if you think Romo is anything close to Rodgers you are straight up being a homer for your team. :D

Rodgers would play circles around Romo. There are currently 3 "Elite" QB's playing in the NFL and Romo is not one. Rodgers is.

Rodgers too has played most of his career with other than great run game, and an average offensive line and overall defense. He too has battled injuries, and stat for stat, win for win he comes out on top. Most importantly the one criteria where Rodgers comes out on top over Romo...

Winning important games when they count most. That makes Rodgers a better QB.

Sorry Bill if you think Romo is anything close to Rodgers you are straight up being a homer for your team. :D

Rodgers would play circles around Romo. There are currently 3 "Elite" QB's playing in the NFL and Romo is not one. Rodgers is.

Rodgers too has played most of his career with other than great run game, and an average offensive line and overall defense. He too has battled injuries, and stat for stat, win for win he comes out on top. Most importantly the one criteria where Rodgers comes out on top over Romo...

Winning important games when they count most. That makes Rodgers a better QB.

I think I agreed but by your last definition I guess Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Billy Kilmer, Warren Moon, Sonny Jurgenson, Jim Kelly all suck in comparison? And if not - compare Romo's statistics as well as winning drives in the fourth quarter - also to Rdgers on winning drives.

I think I agreed but by your last definition I guess Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton, Billy Kilmer, Warren Moon, Sonny Jurgenson, Jim Kelly all suck in comparison? And if not - compare Romo's statistics as well as winning drives in the fourth quarter - also to Rdgers on winning drives.

No they where great QB's as well. Different era, different game though. I would say most of them where better than Rodgers talent wise, and that makes them certainly better than Romo. I don't think Romo is a bad QB. He is very good actually, but to say he is only slightly less than Rodgers is laughable. Talent and stat wise he takes Romo hands down.

In the end, who has a rock?

Hey Bill, you forgot "Broadway" Joe Namath! :lol:

I tried to stay away from guys who had a 'rock', Dave. I did put up a lot of guys that lost a lost of critical games to try to understand Chris' definition of 'elite' - if not based on measurable.

Namath, Dawson, Young, Favre, Warner, Rodgers, Simms, Payton Manning and Brees are examples of one Superbowl win QB's - which ones are elite by Chris' definition. Which of the Hall of Famer's I listed are 'elite/not elite' by Chris' definition.

If you use the measurable factors such as TD/INT/4th Qtr comeback you have a tendency to separate from 'played with great team - or not' to put focus on the achievements, which are not entirely separable. I expressed an opinion that Tony Romo is a great QB and I really don't back down on it. Nor do guys like Simms, Staubach and Aikman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back