No 56 Squadron, RAF, 'The Firebirds', 1918 - 2008.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The first coat of PC10 is on, not without problems - bl**dy Humbrol!
The Satin Dark Green didn't want to play, with the pigment refusing to mix in properly with the carrier, despite stirring for over 15 minutes! Not the first time this has happened, so I made the best of it and mixed it with matt black, and Khaki, to produce an approximation of the brown-tinged dark green known as PC10.
Once it has dried fully, which will probably take at least 24 hours, I'll give it another, thin coat, followed by a clear coat once the paint is fully hardened.
The pics show the upper and lower surfaces, and the upper wing, with the 'wrap-around' of the green done freehand.
A little re-touching here and there will be followed by some very light shading, to represent the frames of the lower fuselage.
The inter-plane struts have also had the first stage of painting completed, and have yet to have the black end pieces added (after fitting the cross-bracing wires), followed by a semi-gloss clear coat.
Thanks once again for your continued interest, and I'll post another up-date once the darned paint has dried fully !

Attachments

• SE5 build 130.jpg
    SE5 build 130.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 87
  • SE5 build 132.jpg
    SE5 build 132.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 84
  • SE5 build 133.jpg
    SE5 build 133.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 78
Thanks chaps. The paint is still slightly tacky, but I hope to be able to progress further tonight.

But don't keep them in the bath too long Evan.

Well done Terry.

One day it should be enough. Check if the paint started peeling. If it did you can use a toothbrush for removing it. Have a look at the plastic if it isn't "swelling up" Sometimes it can happen. I've had a such accident with Italeri plastic.

Dziekuje my friend! :D

Parts were in for about 10 hours, some decals shrivelled but paint wasn't noticably affected. Toothbrush soon put paid to that :)
Additional cleanup work carried out with nail polish remover, ear swabs, toothpicks and cloth. (not finished yet).
Many thanks again Wojtku!

STA51381.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back